• New Orleans, LA
Votes |
New real estate agent - seeking advice

Chuck Gilotra
  • Real Estate Agent
  • New Orleans, LA
Posted Aug 13 2020, 14:25

Hello BP world,

I am getting my real estate license next week and have already been attending a casual training workshop with a KW brokerage in Baton Rouge. I am 50% unfamiliar with this city. I say this because I did go to college here so I know the college area of the city, but not the other parts and neighborhoods. The training is honestly amazing here and the broker is even better. He seems to have a very effective lead generation system that he loves to talk about all the time. Here’s my problem:

I am born and raised in New Orleans, which is an hour away from Baton Rouge. I know the New Orleans neighborhoods, area, and culture as it were on the back of my hand. I have an opportunity to work in New Orleans under another KW brokerage. I’m not sure if the training is as good in KW brokerage in New Orleans, or if the lead generation system is that good there. Should I stick with the KW brokerage in Baton Rouge? Or should I start my real estate agent career in an area I am very familiar with? Should I value training/ coaching (and possibly lead generation) more than the environment? I feel like I am going to have to undergo a long process to understand the neighborhoods, culture, and market here in Baton Rouge whereas I already am familiar with it in New Orleans. Someone please guide me in the right direction.

Loading replies...