Real Estate Agent

User Stats

Votes
Joe Young
Votes |
Newly Licensed in Illinois

Joe Young
Posted Oct 12 2020, 16:40

After reading up on real estate and deciding I wanted to begin purchasing rental properties, I decided to take a real estate class just to broaden my knowledge.  After completing the class, I figured I might as well take the licensing test.  Well, I passed. 

I am now wondering what I should expect and what steps I should take for success. I have contacted a Brokerage that I plan on joining (not one of the big guys, so I only pay $199/$399 per sale, $39 monthly, and $1000-$1200 yearly for the MLS (not sure on the number). So, great! I will keep my commission and not be destroyed by fees. Other than that though, I have no idea what to expect. They are going to send me paperwork tomorrow to review and eventually sign. Then what? Order business cards and start hitting the local bars?

I would GREATLY appreciate any advice, step by step what to expect, do's and dont's, or whatever else you believe may be valuable knowledge going into this blindly.  

Thank you all and I look forward to reading, responding, and picking your brains!

Loading replies...