Tresa Todd mentorship

24 Replies

Has anyone tried Tresa Todd Lugten mentorship. I’ve learned so much at BP. Her Mentorship last 16 weeks four $9700. I don’t even know if this is worth paying. I can’t find any reviews. She gave on the one week class I took with her. “Without fear of her future” was very informative but from $17 to $9,700 is a huge risk. Any suggestions please. Thank you.

I'm not familiar with her trainings so I can't give any feedback about the value of her course, I'm sorry, but I did want to say that it is a large amount of money and I personally would really want to have a very high level of confidence in what the results were likely to be before spending that much.

I'm not saying it's not worth it, I really don't know, but I am saying that when you're newer it can be easy to be made to feel like you're copping out if you're not willing to invest a lot of money in something (and you do for sure have to be willing to part with some money sometimes in order to grow and also do the right thing for your clients in real estate) - so be aware of that and don't let anyone make you feel bad about not doing it if you're not highly confident it's a really good investment. That amount is less than the down payment I made for my first house, to put it in perspective. :) Good luck and props to you for being willing to invest in your RE future regardless of whether you choose to do this coaching or not.

I'm into Day 6 of her MasterClass.  Excellent 7day class.  The follow-on mentorship is a bit pricey, Didn't see anyone say you bought it?  did anyone buy in?  if not, how has your investing been without it?  thanks in advance.

I personally would never spend that kind of money for a class or mentorship regardless who was giving the class, I’d put that money towards my next deal, but I am a rookie at this so take what I say with a grain of salt. I find that you can likely learn whatever you need from YouTube, podcasts, books and talking with someone that’s been at it longer than you and sometimes you need to learn by doing and making your own mistakes. Best of luck

I've been listening to Tresa and her mentorship program and I keep coming back to fact that many really successful investors have said they had spent $$$ on mentors and it was invaluable. Sometimes the extra hand-holding is worth the next jump.

Jennifer, are you in the current Masterclass?  are you planning to invest in the Mentorship?  I too agree that a great mentor will likely Cost something, just not sure i can do the $9700.  I do love her spirit and approach though

@Twyla Southall ...I am doing it right now....I would love the mentorship but I will try to do it on my own. I feel if she started on her own (not including her sons' help) then I can too. If I see I need more help, I'll sign up to another class and maybe rethink the mentorship.

I am going to do her mentorship. Happy to post updates about my progress.  I've been stuck in analysis paralysis for too long and need the coaching to get to the next step. I need the accountability from someone who's already been there, done that. 

Be very cautious when you're new and asking these questions. You don't know what you don't know, and you'll find responses from people who create new accounts, just to post about mentorships and coaching. For instance, Twyla's account was just created yesterday and her only posts are about the very mentorship program you're asking about. This is very common among coaches/mentors who need third party endorsements without appearing to be giving endorsements. They use fake accounts or surrogate accounts who try to appear neutral but are really just using a common strategy to try and build credibility for mentorship programs.  

Guy, all of that may be very true - but rest assured I am a real person an i am not affiliated with a program. My account was just created because i am new to REI. I hope we don't approach all new people with such a cloud of doubt, otherwise it will be hard for new people to get started. Remember, everyone was new once.

almost 10k for a mentorship?? Wow I got in the wrong business. Meanwhile I pay people to learn my craft and still striggle to get workers lol. 

we live in a great age where information is easy to find online. Books are cheap education. not saying this mentorship is worthless but you can probably learn from other places cheaper

George, they probably don't even need to do RE deals anymore, the training is wildly profitable.  I only invested the initial $17 - it was the best $17 I've ever spent but $10K was too steep for me.  May take me a bit longer, but I think i can arrive at the same level of success with enough hard work, smart choices and great networks.... that is my goal.

Originally posted by @Twyla Southall :

Guy, all of that may be very true - but rest assured I am a real person an i am not affiliated with a program. My account was just created because i am new to REI. I hope we don't approach all new people with such a cloud of doubt, otherwise it will be hard for new people to get started. Remember, everyone was new once.

So if your new like you say why are you giving the poster financial direction? Your post does not seem to be neutral anyways.

Updated 10 days ago

The reason for the apprehension is that a lot of giveaways do how VA’s create fake accounts to sing the praises. After reading one of your above post Maybe you don’t work for the guru. :-) Wish you well on your investing.

@Mayerling Mejia

Never pay a cent for RE education. It’s definitely not rocket science. Any noob can pick it up quick. And it’’s all free and available to anyone. Read these boards, fb RE groups and listen to RE podcasts.

@Mayerling Mejia

Why is paying $10k for a class going to get you out of analysis paralysis?

If your not comfortable with numbers build your own calculators and go run the numbers for every property in your target market right now. Run 100 of them on sold listings and current listings and get comfortable. Then ask the question again. Can I spot a good opportunity in this market?

How is spending $10k going to change your circle of friends?

You wanna spend time with folks doing this! you wanna mentor so why not befriend folks already doing it? Talk to folks and ask people in your area do you know anyone who owns multi family's in your area and ask to connect with them. Join a REIA meeting and go.

Do you have enough saved for a 20% down payment for at least two properties and this course? Taking the course will only help get you a little more comfortable. If you aren’t finically stable enough to purchase two properties on your own any course isn’t going to make money fall out of the sky. If you don’t have enough to get started on your own your just wasting 10k.

@Mayerling Mejia will she provide you with deals? I paid 10,000 for a mastermind with cashflow tactics. With their program I’m looking to have close to 16,000 passive income in 5 years give or take a few years. They also do a ton of other stuff for me like help with llc setup, tax setup, holding co setup. Way worth the price of 10,000. What does this lady provide for 10,000?

Originally posted by @Jennifer Dalton :

I am going to do her mentorship. Happy to post updates about my progress.  I've been stuck in analysis paralysis for too long and need the coaching to get to the next step. I need the accountability from someone who's already been there, done that. 

just pick up used books from guru's  every guru you can think of buy them for nothing on E bay.. plow through those .

for motivation pick up some old Zig Ziegler tapes or Jim Rohn or  Tony Robbins..  there is nothing in real estate that has not already been done.  But if you think you need to pay someone to push you forward I guess then that's your personal decision.

Myself having worked in that industry behind the scenes ( lender to the students) I find most get very enthused and whopped up at the meetings and just like anything else  majority fad away but 10 to 20% of them who pay and jump into it will do something that is considered a success in what is for most everyone a new occupation.  The rest just do nothing with it as one thing is certain not everyone is cut out for real estate.. if its just buying rentals  a great agent can help U there or even some of the Turn Key companies  will have some good educational materials 

Originally posted by @Matthew Fassett :

@Mayerling Mejia will she provide you with deals? I paid 10,000 for a mastermind with cashflow tactics. With their program I’m looking to have close to 16,000 passive income in 5 years give or take a few years. They also do a ton of other stuff for me like help with llc setup, tax setup, holding co setup. Way worth the price of 10,000. What does this lady provide for 10,000?

LLC set up tax set up holding company set up can all be done for about 1k and is no where near complicated and 10k to do those things is ridiculous for a beginner they make it sound like it some complicated stuff.. but it really is not.. Just sayin.. to get to a cash flow number you want you still have to have MONEY and CREDIT

@Twyla Southall   Glad to see that. But initially you had no picture, no links to social media, and of course, the newly created account, which are all typical indicators of a guru using a fake accounts. Since you're new to this industry, here's a word to the wise. Approach ALL people in real estate with a cloud of suspicion as new people like you get taken advantage of every day because you don't know what you don't know and you certainly don't know how to spot potential scams. If you're new, it's best when commenting, to let others know you're new so they'll take any advice/comments from you with the knowledge that you're just getting your feet wet. Congrats on starting your journey.