Mortgage Brokers & Lenders

User Stats

Votes
Daniela R.
Votes |
First time homebuyer with 760 credit score and first job

Daniela R.
Posted Jan 19 2021, 16:20

I am a recent grad who just landed my first job (65K a year) and have 760 credit score on average but started to have a 780 credit score recently and plan to keep increasing it. I have good money saving habits as well. I'm a first generation profesional in my family as well, and I am trying to buy my first home and then get into real state investment. My job is secure as well. I am looking into buying a house for 200K in Houston, TX with 3 beds and 2 baths and plan to rent one 1 bedroom.

I found it on Zillo, and from their estimates it indicates the cost will increase to 220K in the next year and so on. I am assuming property taxes will also increase. But also, my yearly income will increase to 70K in 2022. Should I buy now? I have saved 40K for downpayment. That's all i have left and I'm really worried I might do something wrong and lose it. I was raised by a single mom who never owned a house since all her money went to my education. So you see how important is this to me. I am currently renting an apartment which lease ends in july 31st

How can i make sure I get to buy the house i am interested but at the same be able to start paying it on august 2021? Is that even possible? If it's not then what are my best options? I will really appreciate it, as me and my mother are finally managing to literally get out of poverty.

Loading replies...