• Phoenix, AZ
Votes |
Can I refinance a 4 unit with one unit still under construction

Justin Sullivan
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Phoenix, AZ
Posted Jan 26 2022, 14:04

Hi all,

I have a 4 unit property which has been a nightmare since the start but we are reaching the finish line now. If something could have gone wrong with this deal it did but when they did we quickly adjusted and found a solution. Now we have a brand new building with a new foundation, roof, windows and 3 of the 4 units fully renovated and ready for tenants. 2 of the 3 units will be going to market in the next couple weeks. My problem is that with all these unexpected issues our allotted funds for this property are gone and then some. We also put much of our own cash into this deal to try and get it finished. Now we are looking to refinance out of our short term loan and roll it into a long term loan. The value is there with the current mortgage on the property being $106,000 and it just appraised at $230,000 ( once the fourth unit is completed of course) So right now I am asking of anyone who has had a situation like this and how did they solve it. I am currently reaching out to other lenders to see my options because obviously I am not going to stop after speaking with only one. I also reached out to my hard money lender who said they can't replace a short term loan with another short term loan. I could even do a bridge loan for 3 months just to finish up and then roll into the long term loan. Any friendly helpful advice is welcome....

Loading replies...