Votes |
BRRRR Method Lenders

Anthony Martin
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Pittsburgh, PA
Posted Jul 21 2022, 09:49

Hello BP Community, 

I purchased my first rental property under a LLC last year and have been fighting to get the cash out of the property ever since. So I have worked with a few lenders in Pittsburgh at FCW, FNB, Key Bank, and Standard Bank. None have been able to help me and have completely trashed my credit inquiries after overpromising and under delivering. I am currently pulling cash out through Gauranteed Rate and would like to use this money to grow my business through fix and flip and BRRRRing properties. I am looking for a lender, broker, etc that will be able to help me get to 50+ units in the next 2.5 years.

User Stats

Votes
Robin Simon#1 Creative Real Estate Financing Contributor
  • Lender
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
Robin Simon#1 Creative Real Estate Financing Contributor
  • Lender
  • Austin, TX
Replied Jul 21 2022, 09:52

Going with a private lender over a bank is probably gong to be your best bet.  Banks definitely offer the best rates, but the downside is spelled out exactly in your experience...deals fall through due to stringent and inflexible underwriting

User Stats

Votes
Brad Hayden
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Broomfield, CO
Votes |
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Broomfield, CO
Replied Jul 21 2022, 10:01

@Anthony Martin - I'd love to chat to see if I can help. Will send you my contact info in DM.

NREIG  logo
NREIG
|
Sponsored
Customizable insurance coverage with a program that’s easy to use Add, edit, and remove properties from your account any time with no minimum-earned premiums.

User Stats

Votes
Anthony Martin
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Pittsburgh, PA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Pittsburgh, PA
Replied Jul 21 2022, 10:32
Quote from @Robin Simon:

Going with a private lender over a bank is probably gong to be your best bet.  Banks definitely offer the best rates, but the downside is spelled out exactly in your experience...deals fall through due to stringent and inflexible underwriting

Robin,

I don't have much experience with private money lenders but could you elaborate? I pay cash to buy and rehab the properties or use hard money, but to convert it to a fixed long-term debt solution is where I'm running into the issue.

User Stats

Votes
Alex Bekeza
Lender
  • Lender
  • Los Angeles, CA
Votes |
Lender
  • Lender
  • Los Angeles, CA
Replied Jul 21 2022, 10:50

@Anthony Martin You'll want to find a broker who specializing is non conforming/commercial loan products. These are designed to help investors scale portfolios because there aren't any cap on the # of financed properties, entity vesting is allowed, and there are no DTI constraints because it's not even calculated (neither is global cash flow). Instead, these tend to be primarily based on DSCR/FICO.

User Stats

Votes
Mike Davis
  • Lender
  • Annapolis, MD
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Annapolis, MD
Replied Jul 22 2022, 04:12

@Anthony Martin the previous posts are correct, you need to do this through a broker instead of a bank. Once you find that broker that you work with well, establish a relationship and you will see that you deals will go smoother and faster. Good Luck!

User Stats

Votes
Michael Kinsella
  • Lender
Votes |

@Anthony Martin

Some HMLs offer long-term financing products, i.e. the fixed long-term debt type solution you are looking for.

If you are having trouble with banks, then that might be a good route.

It sounds like you're already working with some HMLs, so speaking with them and seeing if they offer a long-term product could be beneficial, as well as searching the Network --> Hard Money Lenders tab on BiggerPockets to expand your number of financing options.

Best,

Michael

User Stats

Votes
Jeremy Taggart
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Pittsburgh, PA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Pittsburgh, PA
Replied Jul 24 2022, 07:02

@Anthony Martin why did those banks not want to lend on it? Did they tell you the reason they weren't able to?

• Real Estate Agent PA (#RS340668)

DHRE- The Jeremy Taggart Team Logo

User Stats

Votes
Jay Hinrichs#2 All Forums Contributor
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Lake Oswego OR Summerlin, NV
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Lake Oswego OR Summerlin, NV
Replied Jul 24 2022, 07:05

fund that flip has been agreesive in that market they have taken many of my clients out .. I am the bridge in the BRRRR and fund that flip did the refi.

User Stats

Votes
Elise Bickel
Property Manager
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Cranberry Twp
Votes |
Property Manager
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Cranberry Twp
Replied Jul 24 2022, 20:01

I agree with Jeremy. Would love to know why. I do know that some lenders are tightening up on lending right now with their concern about a potential shift in the market but I haven't seen them stop lending all together. I highly recommend Kyle Coniker. He does a ton of really cool programs for my investors including no seasoning on refis.

I'll send you his info.

User Stats

Votes
Anthony Martin
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Pittsburgh, PA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Pittsburgh, PA
Replied Jul 25 2022, 11:18
Quote from @Elise Bickel:

I agree with Jeremy. Would love to know why. I do know that some lenders are tightening up on lending right now with their concern about a potential shift in the market but I haven't seen them stop lending all together. I highly recommend Kyle Coniker. He does a ton of really cool programs for my investors including no seasoning on refis.

I'll send you his info.

Thanks Elise, I will reach out.

User Stats

Votes
Anthony Martin
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Pittsburgh, PA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Pittsburgh, PA
Replied Jul 25 2022, 11:20
Quote from @Jay Hinrichs:

fund that flip has been agreesive in that market they have taken many of my clients out .. I am the bridge in the BRRRR and fund that flip did the refi.

I've reached out to fund that flip but I don't think have enough experience to meet their criteria. 

User Stats

Votes
Anthony Martin
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Pittsburgh, PA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Pittsburgh, PA
Replied Jul 25 2022, 11:21
Quote from @Jeremy Taggart:

@Anthony Martin why did those banks not want to lend on it? Did they tell you the reason they weren't able to?

Primarily minimum loan amount not high enough. Trying to change my purchase criteria to better align with lenders.

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Jeremy Taggart
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Pittsburgh, PA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Pittsburgh, PA
Replied Jul 26 2022, 08:12

@Anthony Martin ahh yeah that's something I learned early on too so I've kind of focused on the higher loan amounts ever since. The fees as a percentage of the loan amount are a lot higher under the 100k mark and a lot of lenders tend to want to do shorter amortizations on small loans as well. I would probably talk to a mortgage broker that has access to multiple lenders you should still be able to get someone to do the refi on smaller loans regardless. Did you try S&T Bank? I just used them recently for a smaller one I think the loan amount was about 78k and it was a cash out refi.

• Real Estate Agent PA (#RS340668)

DHRE- The Jeremy Taggart Team Logo