Votes |
refinancing student housing

Alexei Semenov
Pro Member
  • New to Real Estate
  • Miami, FL
Posted Aug 9 2022, 15:14

hi BP!

i have a chance to invest in student housing but when i talked to my lander he said that they can't do refinancing on SH.....

can you really refinance that? if you do what are the terms?

thank you for your help

User Stats

Votes
Lorenzo Prieto
  • Lender
Votes |

Not sure I completely understand your question. Are you looking to purchase a property and rent it out to students near a university? Can you please explain a little more of what exactly you are trying to do? 

User Stats

Votes
Alexei Semenov
Pro Member
  • New to Real Estate
  • Miami, FL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • New to Real Estate
  • Miami, FL
Replied Aug 9 2022, 15:33
Quote from @Lorenzo Prieto:

Not sure I completely understand your question. Are you looking to purchase a property and rent it out to students near a university? Can you please explain a little more of what exactly you are trying to do? 

purchasing Multi Family property with a cash ,rent it out to students and then i want finance it so i can pull the money out....

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Lorenzo Prieto
  • Lender
Votes |
Quote from @Alexei Semenov:
Quote from @Lorenzo Prieto:

purchasing Multi Family property with a cash ,rent it out to students and then i want finance it so i can pull the money out....

I get it now. I'll shoot you a quick DM. 

User Stats

Votes
Dave Poeppelmeier
  • Realtor
  • Maumee, OH
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Maumee, OH
Replied Aug 10 2022, 04:40

Hi Alexi, I have loans on my student rentals both conventional and commercial, and nobody had a problem with students. Each lender writes their own rules as to what risks they're willing to take on. I would contact local lenders in Tallahassee to find out who will finance student housing in that area. 

User Stats

Votes
Alexei Semenov
Pro Member
  • New to Real Estate
  • Miami, FL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • New to Real Estate
  • Miami, FL
Replied Aug 10 2022, 07:34
Quote from @Dave Poeppelmeier:

Hi Alexi, I have loans on my student rentals both conventional and commercial, and nobody had a problem with students. Each lender writes their own rules as to what risks they're willing to take on. I would contact local lenders in Tallahassee to find out who will finance student housing in that area. 

Thank you Dave!

User Stats

Votes
Rhett Kelton
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Murfreesboro, TN
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Murfreesboro, TN
Replied Aug 11 2022, 08:57

hi BP!

i have a chance to invest in student housing but when i talked to my lander he said that they can't do refinancing on SH.....

thank you for your help

You can absolutely get the SH refinanced.  If your current lender can't do it, then just talk to some other commercial bankers.  You will come across several of them that will have different options for you. 

User Stats

Votes
Steven Foster Wilson
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
  • Columbus, OH
Replied Aug 11 2022, 09:02

hi BP!

thank you for your help

It sounds like you need to find a new lender. There are so many out there. I would call around until you find someone who can lend on that.