• Omaha, NE
Votes |
Delayed Purchase + Rehab Funding?

Sanat Bhandari
  • Investor
  • Omaha, NE
Posted Oct 21 2022, 14:19

Hi everyone -

I am working with a buyer that has a property under contract for a while so needs to close on it using personal cash. His plan was to do a fix + flip program but can't do so due to running out of time to close on the property. 

My question is, is there a program out there that offers a delayed purchase and rehab funding combined? As far as I know, he can use delayed purchase to mortgage the property, use his current personal funds to rehab, and then obtain permanent financing once the rehab is done but just wanted to check if someone had a better way of structuring this deal.

Thanks!

User Stats

Votes
Jason Wray
Pro Member
#4 Private Lending & Conventional Mortgage Advice Contributor
  • Banker
  • Nationwide
Votes |
Pro Member
#4 Private Lending & Conventional Mortgage Advice Contributor
  • Banker
  • Nationwide
Replied Oct 21 2022, 14:22

Yes, Under a DSCR program it is processed as a delayed financing using the total purchase price plus all renovation/repair costs (Reciepts provided) and you can use 75% of that total value to get cash out.

User Stats

Votes
Erik Estrada
Lender
  • Lender
Votes |
Lender
  • Lender
Replied Oct 22 2022, 11:46
Quote from @Sanat Bhandari:

Hi everyone -

I am working with a buyer that has a property under contract for a while so needs to close on it using personal cash. His plan was to do a fix + flip program but can't do so due to running out of time to close on the property. 

My question is, is there a program out there that offers a delayed purchase and rehab funding combined? As far as I know, he can use delayed purchase to mortgage the property, use his current personal funds to rehab, and then obtain permanent financing once the rehab is done but just wanted to check if someone had a better way of structuring this deal.

Thanks!

You might want to look into doing a hard money/bridge loan cash out refinance, make the repairs, and rate and term into a DSCR ARM.

Fuente Funding Inc.  Logo
BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes