Skip to content
Mortgage Brokers & Lenders
Account Closed
Votes |
Texas Cash Out Refi

Account Closed
Posted Jan 26 2023, 11:42

Looking to refi and tap into some home equity of primary residence to consolidate some debt.  Need some help on the best approach to find the right product and lender.  I don't want to go through the hassle of all the click-bait there is online.  I did this once a few years back and was bombarded with a bunch of "shell game" offers.   Are there mortgage brokers that I could work with to achieve this, or are they all affiliated with one or a handful of lenders?  Any direction is appreciated.

User Stats

Votes
Jay Hurst
Lender
#2 Private Lending & Conventional Mortgage Advice Contributor
  • Lender
  • Dallas, TX
Votes |
Lender
#2 Private Lending & Conventional Mortgage Advice Contributor
  • Lender
  • Dallas, TX
Replied Jan 26 2023, 13:00
Quote from @Account Closed:

Looking to refi and tap into some home equity of primary residence to consolidate some debt.  Need some help on the best approach to find the right product and lender.  I don't want to go through the hassle of all the click-bait there is online.  I did this once a few years back and was bombarded with a bunch of "shell game" offers.   Are there mortgage brokers that I could work with to achieve this, or are they all affiliated with one or a handful of lenders?  Any direction is appreciated.

@Account Closed   If it is a TEXAS based broker it is a pretty straight forward transaction. The reason I emphasize Texas is because Texas has unique cash out laws that are not a big deal at all to those of us who do them every day, but some brokers/lenders either do not do them or do not understand those laws.   

• Lender Alabama (#69841), Virginia (#MLO-35815VA), Texas (#323441), Pennsylvania (#64778), Oregon (#323441), Louisiana (#323411), Iowa (#31166), Georgia (#55988), Florida (#LO40080), and Colorado (#100506224)

Hurst Real Estate Logo

User Stats

Votes
Eliott Elias#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
Eliott Elias#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Replied Jan 26 2023, 21:38

Go direct to lender, happy to connect you with mine. 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes