Votes
Julie Fagan
  • Port Sanilac, MI
Votes |
Mortgages for Rental Properties in Michigan

Julie Fagan
  • Port Sanilac, MI
Posted Oct 13 2016, 06:01

What Lenders have the best rates for Rental Properties.  Local banks and credit unions say we are over leveraged and will not consider a mortgage.  (we have 2 mortgages and 2 land contracts on 4 rentals and 2 rentals & 2 flips (waiting to be sold) that we own free and clear.

Jordan Capital, a real estate financing company, whom finances based on Rental Income & FMV will do 7.6%.

Hoping for better options.  Most will not give you a rate until they run your credit (my credit score is just under 700 & it dipped under 700 b/c of Credit Inquiries trying to find a lending partner/using new credit to fund flips).....and I do not want additional inquiries on my credit report.  

Are there Real Estate Finance companies or more progressive Banks out there offering 4-6%, or am I just being wishful.  Actual references and examples would be great.  I have a duplex and a triplex under contract that need to close in next 30 days..........I could dive into my 401k (as its not making any money anyway) but would rather find a partner in Michigan that actually understands Real Estate.

Loading replies...