How to find the best refinace deal?

2 Replies

New Investor here...

I have been researching and educating myself a lot recently on the popular BRRR strategy which I plan on using for my second investment property. However, before I dive in I've been trying to line up all my resources before I purchase a single family house. I've got a realtor in place, contractor, and a private lender all lined up and interested in working together.

I now need to find a bank that will refinance the home after the 6-12 month seasoning period.  Any hints or strategies on the best way to find the right deal? What types of questions should I be asking?  Basically I want to avoid being stuck with a home 12 months down the road and want to have a couple solid leads on the refinance portion of the strategy before I buy.

I know that networking and calling around is going to be necessary but once I have them on the phone or in a meeting what should I be asking?  Thanks for all the help.

You are right @Andrew Jacoby , calling and interviewing. Let them know your intentions with the property and they all should have options, just a matter of determining whats the best fit for you. 

@Andrew Jacoby , discuss with your bank if the seasoning period is even mandatory. You being a new investor, it very well be a mandated policy by the bank however I have discussed with my banker in Florida, and he explained to me that this is simply common practice however there was nothing in writing that mandated a seasoning period and he, as a senior loan officer could make the decision to refinance once he recognized the property was stable enough to handle the higher mortgage from the refinance. 

In my situation, I had owned the property for over a year however I was consistently raising the rents as I renovated each unit (multi family - 7 units). Once I finalized the last unit, I immediately refinanced at an appraisal which was based on the final income. keep in mind, the property had only been producing its highest yield for 1 month and my banker was happy to refinance.

Ramsey 

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here