• Rental Property Investor
  • Yorba Linda, CA
Votes |
DTI & Multiple Investors

Joshua Davies
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Yorba Linda, CA
Posted Jan 19 2018, 17:10
Hi, I am currently looking to purchase 2 rental properties and have 2 investors that are funding the down payments for 2 separate properties. After learning that you can’t get conventional loans for LLC’s we have decided we will keep the properties in my personal name and purchase an umbrella insurance policy. However, I currently do not own a primary residence, which I would like to later this year. My problem is that if I purchase the 2 rental properties and in 6 months I want to purchase my own home my DTI may be too high. The 2 investors are both from the UK so do not have any credit history here in the US but are cash wealthy in the UK. My question for lenders is, are there any ways to include my investors credit and cash on the purchases so that they will consider both of us on the loan? And if the properties are cash flowing and profitable, would this be taken into consideration when I come to purchase my own property? I don’t want to shoot myself in the foot by purchasing rental properties and then not being able to buy my own home. Thank you!

Loading replies...