Appraisals in Baltimore 21216

1 Reply

I purchased a home in west Baltimore around the corner from N West ave, 21216, for 14000. 3 bedroom 1 full bath and 3/4 bath in the Master bedroom. Another bedroom has its own terrace. Surrounding the property, which is located on W North Ave. are unrenovated homes listed at 10000-30000. Around the corner from my property an Identical house fully renovated sold in Feb 2019 for 127000. I want to cash out refinance pull the equity and start the process over. Can anybody tell me if i will get the appraisal value that i need. Will the comps be measured againts the unrenovated homes or the newly renovated one that sold in Feb for $127000. Thanks for any response.

The comps should be measured against homes that are similar age, size, and condition.  That said, its difficult to do a cash out refi for anything under $150k, especially if the home hasn't seasoned.  I suggest calling around to some small local lenders like Eastern Savings Bank, as well as some Hard Money Lenders, to see what their current criteria are.  Good luck!

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here