Trying to get property through auction question California

2 Replies

I'm trying to acquire a property that I'm anticipating will go into auction late this year or next... This house is my parents neighbors house and I have visited a few times over So I know the condition.... Sites like auction.com have a majority of there listings say " Cash Only purchase no loans" or cash due at point of sale... I'm anticipating that this house will be no different. My goal is to recondition the property and rent it out...  How can I get funding to acquire this property? Hard money lenders typically want a contract in place before lending furthermore, I don't have access to HELOCS or any other collateral based funding... 

@Jo-Ann Lapin Yes I have seen one On auction.com that allowed financing but that house was closer to 1 million dollars every home I have seen below this threshold asks for cash only... I have contacted a hardmoney lender and they only work if financing is allowed by the auction house....This implies that they only work with the bigger ticket homes... if what I'm seeing is consistent with my theory.. Anyone without cash up front or HELOC money can't get in. If the home is worth more then say 700k you can get financing of any kind....