• Rental Property Investor
  • Houston, TX
Votes |
What did Susan do in 2020?

Susan Tan
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Houston, TX
Posted Jan 2 2021, 17:57

Some things I achieved in 2020 related to real estate & mortgage note investing. This is my 2nd year into real estate & my 1st year in note investing.

✅ Completed a cash out refi on my first turnkey rental in Cincinnati, OH by March 2020 so that I’ll have more cash to buy more rentals.

✅ Acquired 2 rental properties that included a 2plex & a 4plex, both in Cincy metro region. I invested $92, 932.14 of my own cash to close both rentals w/ traditional bank mortgages with 15-year loans at low fixed-interest rates.

✅ Did an out of state rehab on the newly acquired 2plex that had cost ~$19,000 in repairs & utility bill holding costs across 4 months from May to September 2020.

✅ Purchased a note buying class package in August 2020 taught by note buying veteran Donna Bauer.

✅ Attended a 3-day note buying academy in September 2020 and studied the legal documents in past note flip deals in the academy.

✅ On Christmas Day, I am under contract w/ my first mortgage note flip whilst mentored by Donna Bauer that will net ~$5,000 cash to be split evenly.

✅ Won A LOT of auction house bids on tables, chairs, and mirrors, all capital business expenses, to prepare for my first airbnb rental property that I’ve yet to buy in Cincy, OH or northern KY. Sadly, 1 mirror in the lot was broken, so I am left with 11 mirrors instead of 12 mirrors.

✅ Coordinated an interstate move of the above-mentioned auction-house furniture from Kaminski Auction House in Taunton, MA to a self-storage unit in Cincy, OH on the same day as  I

✅ Coordinated my own personal furniture move from the over priced, ultra expensive SF Bay Area to the beautiful, affordable, and rapidly growing city of Houston, TX. Still renting forever in a different city.

✅ Formed a master mind real estate group w/ 3 new members and hosted monthly zoom meetings.

✅ Connected with more FIRE folks from the FIRE-related Facebook groups on zoom intro calls.

Loading replies...