Skip to content
Real Estate Deal Analysis & Advice
Account Closed
  • Wholesaler
  • Milwaukee, WI
Votes |
After Sooo Much Patience... My First Wholesale Deal!

Account Closed
  • Wholesaler
  • Milwaukee, WI
Posted Dec 17 2013, 19:15

This happened a little over a few weeks ago but I just haven't had the time to write about it to give it justice. Until now!

I've been trying to break into wholesaling since I first heard about it this summer in July. After trying so many different things and sending out so many different letters I never got a legitimate lead until September. But even after I that lead the deal ended badly and I didn't end up making any money. I attribute this miserable failure to not having BP in my life. Yes, I looked at the forum posts but I wasn't actually a member. I wasn't connecting with anyone and I wasn't asking questions that were relevant to me to help me in my specific path. I'm sure if I had been a member I never would have ran into the horrible deal that I did.

But I didn't give up. With BP my wonderful tool and weapon in hand I sent out more letters. And then in early November I finally got a call back from a motivated seller. This time I was smart. I went on the Marketplace forum on BP and I admitted my ignorance and I asked for help. My new BP connections were there to help me. @Dawn Anastasi reffered me to @Dale G. we connected and then became a power team. We offered to split the assignment fee of any deal that we did. Dale really has taught me a lot. She has a lot more information and resources than I have and she was so willing to share them all with me.

We went to go see the house and with her help things went really smoothly. After using the techniques she new to evaluate the offer price for the home I then negotiated with the seller and I was able to bring the price down marketable one.

A few days later, Dale drafted the flyer and she went to the REIA to market it for us. I really wanted to be there but living and going to school out of town made that very difficult. At the local Milwaukee REIA she met two interested buyers, they saw the house the next day and it was a done deal!

From then on it was just a bunch of faxing and emailing back and forth. And then the day before Thanksgiving we closed and I got my first check for $1,750! Not bad for a newbie, huh? Just five LONG months after I first started! I would just like to thank everyone on BP, @Dale Giles and @Dawn Anastasi, especially. I can't wait to see what the future holds for my real estate investing career!

Loading replies...