• East, TX
Votes |
Finally got a funding partner

Thomas Mitchell
  • Wholesaler
  • East, TX
Posted Dec 18 2013, 09:44

Hey guys,

I just wanted to share a success story with you. I've been doing real estate on my own (wholesaling, buying no money down, etc.) I found a deal in my area and I advertised it at my local crossfit gym. (for those of you who don't know, crossfit is AWESOME and it's expensive. Since it's expensive, you will find very wealthy people going there.) I offered the owners $ if one of the members bit, so they were up for it. One of the physicians who works out there contacted me about the property. We met, I showed him how protected his money would be if something went wrong, and we went to look at the house. He committed and now he's funding 100% of the purchase price and rehab for 50% of the profit at the end. By my calculations we should both we walking away with about 17K after it's said and done. It took me 2 years, but I finally have someone with deep pockets who is interested in funding me. I'll leave you with this...it's something my dad taught me when I was in high school and I kept it in my wallet for years:

He who has a thing to sell

and goes and whispers in a well

is not as apt to find the dollars

as he who climbs the tree and hollers.

Loading replies...