• Athens, GA
Votes |
Arrived at Next Level.... And Rising. Hat's off to BP

Jack Tucker
  • Real Estate Investor, Flipper, PM, vacation rental, Wholesaler
  • Athens, GA
Posted Jan 1 2014, 18:24

BP Community,

I wanted to share our latest success story since it's a milestone in our real estate growth. But it's important to provide the arc of our journey to give some context. We started land-lording about 15 years ago in our first home in Miami. We had a converted garage efficiency, and as first-time home owners, that extra $400 per month was a great relief to our first mortgage. After five years and tripling our money on the sale of that house, we got more serious when we moved up to Atlanta. We moved into a duplex by UGA in Athens and rented out the other half, effectively eliminating our mortgage payments. Over the last 10 years, we have moved into a SFH and acquired 4 MF properties and counting. The plan was to hold the properties indefinitely (and each decision has been treated as long-term), but this great community has made us realize that we can do much more:

1. Vision - BP has made us think bigger. Our RE income is on track to eclipse the other local businesses we own.

2. Tactical - We are good at how we operate, but BP is making us better. I’m a Podcast fiend and listen to them in rotation during commutes.

3. Location - Our local market offers appreciation and returns relatively stronger to what I've read about on BP versus neighboring Atlanta and most other parts of the country.

4. Capital/Equity - We've already built a strong portfolio that is a great launch pad.

5. Network - Relationships have been recently established with key Rain-Makers in the Athens market and of course, through BP. It’s cool when the Bank calls you to see if you are interested or what your analysis might be about a deal.

6. Bright Future - In another 3-5 years, I can probably quit my 6 figure corporate job and play with my family and real estate all day long. VERY COOL! We were already on track to retire at 55, but BP may reel that in by a solid decade.

Since joining BP, my wife and I are more excited than ever about real estate. In fact, yesterday, on Dec 31, 2013 we decided to go “official” and registered a new entity with the state of Georgia, gmail and internet domain name. Drum roll, please…

Top Performing Properties LLC acquires, develops and offers profitable turnkey rentals to new and seasoned investors, provides quality property management and actively offers home buying solutions in the Athens Real Estate Growth market. (I spent today creating different logos that I will probably post for community feedback as part of our selection process.)

BP has shifted our thinking into high gear. This is a great milestone for us. We thought it was appropriate to log this accomplishment where the fire was not started but in the community where rocket fuel has been thrown upon the flames. We appreciate all the success stories (ours included) that BP is nurturing. Happy Investing!

Take care,

Jack and Rosy Tucker

Loading replies...