Real Estate Deal Analysis & Advice

User Stats

Votes
J Scott
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Sarasota, FL
Votes |
Your BiggerPockets Successes -- Let's Hear Them!

J Scott
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Sarasota, FL
ModeratorPosted Mar 19 2014, 13:07

I responded to another thread earlier today that was discussing how to build relationships and find partners on BiggerPockets. The gist of my response was that BP was an amazing platform, but to really leverage it, you had to make an effort to take relationships offline as well.

As part of that discussion, I listed the offline business relationships, partnerships and deals I've done with other BP members (without naming names to protect the innocent :). I thought I would recap that list here, and invite others to talk about the relationships they've done with other BP members. I'm convinced there are at least 1000 offline business relationships that have originated from BP -- I want to use this thread to see if I'm right!

So, once again, here's my list:

• I've found a partner and now good friend who I've worked with on probably 25 deals in different capacities (partnering, lending, listing, buying, staging, etc)
  • I found a partner and now good friend that taught me how to build new construction and who I've started building spec homes with
  • I found an out-of-state partner that I've done nearly 20 deals with
  • I've purchased deals from 4 different BP members
  • I've sold deals to at least 3 different BP members
  • I've borrowed money from 3 BP members
  • I've loaned money to 2 BP members
  • I've found two people who I've mentored
  • I found a GC who has worked on about a dozen projects for me
  • I found a partner that I'm hoping to start building spec homes with in the near future
  • I've found a partner (@Joshua Dorkin ) who has published two of my books

And that doesn't include the dozens of people I've met, keep in contact with, and will likely partner with in some capacity in the years to come (I hope!)...

So, let's hear yours!

Loading replies...