Just For Fun - Home Catagory Question

4 Replies

I spoke to three people about a block I plan to purchase a home on, and without asking a thing from either I got a description from each. “You buying a mansion…”, “You buying a mini-mansion…”, “Dam, you buying a big a$$ house…”.
Not to call them out because I’ve been hearing those sayings for years. I honestly never knew how to distinguish one from the other (outside of the obvious Oprah Jordan Buffett’s homes).
Is there a set stat to separate the three classifications? If not and you use these terms what are your specs to determining the difference?
Mansion
Mini-Mansion
Big A$$ House

lol! I have no idea what would distinguish a mini-mansion from a big-a$$ house, but I'd guess it would be a mini-mansion when you're talking to the pastor and a big-a$$ house down at the bar...

FYI Buffet lives in the same house he bought in 1958 for $31,500 so you may not be able to tell those "mansions" from the others.

Otherwise I don't think there is a standard definition for any of those, just what you, I, your friend each decide that is.

is that so where? I imagine $32 grand bought a lot of house in 58.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here