2nd deal closed today

9 Replies

Hello all,

I just closed today on my 2nd property (now 3 doors with hoop dreams of many, many more)....

Very small 1 bed 1 bath house (cottage?) up in Butte Montana. Up on the hill- in an area that's seeing improvements. Very close to a paved biking path (we call it a "greenbelt" down here in Boise). Basically this biking path goes to/thru the College there and should be a great renting/selling point.

This was bank owned- had buy it at $25k cash, as there was another potential buyer on the line... A few minor improvements and I'm hoping to get $500-$600 gross monthly rent(that may be high, we'll see)...

Anyhoo- thanks to everyone here at BiggerPockets- I've learned a bunch and am still learning a bunch from all here....

-upward and onward!-

thanks!

Jimmy

Congratulations! How did you find out about the property?

Congrats! What a rush, huh?

That is awesome Jim! Keep up the good work!

Great news Jimmy! I wish we found more $25k houses around Boise. Way to go!

Thanks all, it wouldn't be possible without a lot of 'learnin' here.

@Patrick Martinez - I subscribe to Realty Watcher, which gives me an email update of whats on the MLS every morning in my Inbox. That, and @Jonna Weber - has been very, very helpful with general information/Boise area MLS, etc... I haven't found the "perfect" property here in the Boise area yet, but Jonna and I have been searching quite a bit. I have very strict buying criteria- and I am passing on some deals that are good deals- but we'll get there...

It is true what they say about increasing your odds of success by working with good people... I luckily found a great realtor in Butte this time, so I'm luckily starting to amass a "team" of great people. A couple hiccups here and there---- but things are progressing very nicely!

thanks,

Jimmy

@Jim P. - Thank you for the mention! We will find it when the deal is right!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here