Skip to content
Real Estate Deal Analysis & Advice

User Stats

Votes
Grant Kemp
  • Investor
  • Dallas, TX
Votes |
From no knowledge to 8 properties a month!

Grant Kemp
  • Investor
  • Dallas, TX
Posted May 10 2014, 12:57

I just wanted to post on here as a story for all of you coming to this site trying to figure out what real estate investing is from the ground up. I started trying to learn how to invest in 2012 by reading "Rich Dad Poor Dad", and by visiting these forums. My first deal was the purchase of a Duplex which I got an FHA loan for and live in half while renting the other half. After a couple of months, lots of dumb questions, and lots of handshaking I was able to close my first pure investment deal (A "subject to" acquisition which I sold as a wrap).

I kept learning on here, kept reading the forums constantly, and kept researching everything I could online until I was to a point where it felt like my full time job was actually hindering investing progress. After tons of prayer I felt like it was time to quit and jump off the deep end. After about a month of stomach ulcers I took all the advice I found on here and went out looking for experienced investors that were local to me and just started picking their brains and bugging them enough until I was able to end up partnering with one of the more successful single family investors in the DFW area.

Since that point things have been growing and growing to where I'm now consistently adding 6-15 properties a month to my portfolio! I've since gotten my RMLO license and am processing seller financed buyers for all the major seller financing players in DFW and have transacted over 250 properties in this last year and a half!

All this to say, take advantage of the massive amounts of knowledge you can find on this forum. Don't be afraid to talk one on one with successful investors around you, and don't be afraid to get out there and take deals down! In an industry like this there's always an answer and there's always a way to grow. That being said, I'm happy to help with anyone's questions so never hesitate to ask.

Loading replies...