Bought First SFH without any of my personal money!

4 Replies

Hello Everyone,

I recently bought a SFH in my town of Timmins, Ontario without using my own money. The house is a 3brm, 2 bath SFH with unfinished basement. I got it for 55,000 and I believe the ARV is about 120-130k. I got short term loans @ 10% from private investors to buy the house and I plan on fixing up the house and getting a private mortgage on it then paying back my investo

Hi Nathan,

Congrats on your purchase. It's always great if you can pick up a property with 100% financing and still have positive cash-flow.

How much rehab does the house need? Who will finance the rehab? What's the maximum LTV your bank will lend? How long does it need to be seasoned before you can obtain a loan? How much can the property rent for?

Again congrats!!!

Congrats Nathan! Keep us posted please.

The rehab will cost about 25k and I'll be looking for a private mortgage after the rehab. I cannot get a conventional loan anymore but I believe I can get 80% LTV. I believe it will rent for about 1100-1200 + utilities after the work is done. Will pay for the rehab from the proceeds from another project.

congrats! How does one go about getting 100% financing?

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you