Having a good contractor makes all the difference

10 Replies

I was heading out to a flip I am doing and on the way I called my contractor and asked if he would be there, he got all upset and said I was not supposed to go out until Monday and he does not want me seeing the house yet (I have been going twice a week to check on things so I was really worried).

I go into the house to find amazing $5/sq foot flooring throughout the property when I planned to do the $.70/sq foot flooring due to it being a cheaper house ($40k), so I called him and said "hey this really isn't in my budget I can't afford this stuff it is going to blow the budget".

He started laughing out loud and said it was meant to be a surprise his buddy that works at a hardware store had someone bail on a special order of this oak bamboo flooring that is $5/Sq foot and he got it for $.99/ Sq foot and he was under budget on the rest of the house so he hooked it up.

Just goes to show having a great contractor can make a world of difference.

Medium 3Ian Hoover, Deacon Hoover Real Estate Advisors | [email protected] | 724‑492‑8312

Nice story 

Please keep us posted and maybe upload a few pics 

Thanks for sharing

Jenkins Ramon, JMWPS Ventures, LLC | [email protected]

Teamwork, it's what makes or breaks us.

This is normally what I use in my cheap flips, $.70 per sq foot at home depot.

Medium 3Ian Hoover, Deacon Hoover Real Estate Advisors | [email protected] | 724‑492‑8312

And this is what he surprised me with!

@Ian Hoover ,

Very nice surprise. Remember, one hand washes the other.

Raymond

Too many times we bash contractors so I thought I would share the this because there are good ones out there!

Glad to read this, sadly I haven't had the same experience, so it's nice to come across something like this.

Make sure you keep him! 

@Ian Hoover

Upon reading, I was nervous for you...I'm glad that the "surprise" worked out to be favorable.

It is nice to hear of a good story regarding a contractor.

Alright, where is the magic lamp you rubbed? lol

Jessica H., Roof Over Head, LLC | 6102481644

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you