Having a good contractor makes all the difference

10 Replies

I was heading out to a flip I am doing and on the way I called my contractor and asked if he would be there, he got all upset and said I was not supposed to go out until Monday and he does not want me seeing the house yet (I have been going twice a week to check on things so I was really worried).

I go into the house to find amazing $5/sq foot flooring throughout the property when I planned to do the $.70/sq foot flooring due to it being a cheaper house ($40k), so I called him and said "hey this really isn't in my budget I can't afford this stuff it is going to blow the budget".

He started laughing out loud and said it was meant to be a surprise his buddy that works at a hardware store had someone bail on a special order of this oak bamboo flooring that is $5/Sq foot and he got it for $.99/ Sq foot and he was under budget on the rest of the house so he hooked it up.

Just goes to show having a great contractor can make a world of difference.

Nice story 

Please keep us posted and maybe upload a few pics 

Thanks for sharing

Teamwork, it's what makes or breaks us.

Great story! I am a believer in under-promise and over-deliver, especially in construction.

This is normally what I use in my cheap flips, $.70 per sq foot at home depot.

And this is what he surprised me with!

@Ian Hoover ,

Very nice surprise. Remember, one hand washes the other.

Raymond

Too many times we bash contractors so I thought I would share the this because there are good ones out there!

Glad to read this, sadly I haven't had the same experience, so it's nice to come across something like this.

Make sure you keep him! 

@Ian Hoover

Upon reading, I was nervous for you...I'm glad that the "surprise" worked out to be favorable.

It is nice to hear of a good story regarding a contractor.

Alright, where is the magic lamp you rubbed? lol

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here