I bought a Lamborghini!

77 Replies

This has been a goal of mine for a while.  On fathers day I took shipment of a 1999 Lamborghini Diablo.  It is more awesome that I thought it would be!

The full story is here including what I paid for it.  

http://investfourmore.com/2014/07/01/able-buy-lamb...

@Mark Ferguson Fun read Mark, I remember awhile back you mentioning you were a car guy.  Would love to see more photos of her!

I enjoy the Pcars for now...of course, with escalating aspirations.

@Mark Ferguson 

Wow! Nice car. Thanks for posting it on your blog. It's really nice to follow your path to success. Great to see your goals come through to fruition. 

The Diablo needs to earn its keep. How much will it rent for per month?   What, not going to rent it out?  Ah, you're going to wrap it with your logo and website. No?  Just for fun?  What would the Financial Samurai say?

Congrats, Mark!

thanks @Gerald K.    It is fun for me too!

@Jonny Lambert  haha.  I don't think many financial websites would recommend buying diablo. I have contacted the Colorado film association to offer the car for commercials and movies. I am creating a flyer with info on the car and my real estate team that I set on the dash when I park it. I may rent it out for corporate events, but not too drive. 

There is a Diablo in Denver for rent. $1,399 for a half day and 35 mile limit. 

@Jenkins Ramon  very true about the giving. When I see kids looks on their face I know there is good I can do with the car as well. Was thinking of getting in touch with children's hospital or make a wish to see if there is anyway I could help. 

@Jenkins Ramon  Thank you for your post.  That gave me the idea for make a wish and I am in contact with them now to auction off a ride in the car for one of their wish kids.  I would pick them up take them to a candy store and then give them a ride back.  The auction money would all go to make a wish as well.  

Mark. I am curious how you financed the $126k blue beast.

Did u pay cash or did you put 26k down and finance 100k?

Anyways.. we all have things that make us happy in life. Congrats on your dream car.

Sam J. 

Congrats on the purchase and the addition.  How do you like your 928?  I got a buddy in the local PCA (Ocmulgee Region) who's got a beautiful 928GT and a '96 993.

Very very nice. I for one would love the hear a video of it run. @Mark Ferguson 

I am also a car guy. I just listed my 996 turbo so I can use the cash to buy more rental properties.

http://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-marketplace/827711-porsche-996-turbo-upgraded-for-street.html

In 5 years I am going to have Aston Martin money.

@Judd Campbell  

Letting go of your 996T has to be hard, but it should definitely give you a nice little roll to pick up a few more properties.  Any future plans for picking up a newer model?  Aston Martin would be a nice level to be on.  I've been browsing the availability on JamesEdition because I'd like to be in one myself in the future.

The car is set up perfectly and I would keep it forever but a paid off car has an opportunity cost of ~1,800 in my finances. Most weekends are spent doing family stuff and the only driving I do in the turbo is to daycare. The car was built for 165 not 65 mph.

Heck, in 4 years I will be able to buy it back if I want.

Congratulations on the car.  I need to wipe the drool off of my desk now.

In addition to rental properties, I own a gas station, and love to see some of the cars that come through.  Often times I'll go pump gas, just to checkout the cars.  One of my favorites is a 1970 Plymouth Roadrunner that, according to the owner, "Will pass almost anything on the highway, except a gas station."

But the Diablo is truly an awesome car.  Congrats again.

@Mark Ferguson  thank you! That was nice. I can't tell you how many hundreds of acceleration videos I've subjected my wife to.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here