Start a Real Estate mastermind group

13 Replies

Hello BP members,

We are more than half way 2014 and this is has been my best year investing to date! With 5 months left I really want to finish big so last night I hosted my first real estate mastermind group. I invited 4 of my areas bigger players including: 2 that are excellent at raising private capitol, a master wholesaler (yes this does exist) and an investor that has the best cash buyers lists I've ever seen (he has sold 45 flips this year!)

How did I get these players to meet with me? Easy, I did a text blast to all of them stating dinner and drinks on me, the date and time being held at Michael Simmons B spot restaurant (I posted a pic of the text on my instagram page) . They were all in, we met at 6:30 grabbed a table outside and stayed till 11:00! The information and ideas shared were excellent! How mush did this cost me? Only $90.00 which included the tip!

I'm sharing this to show people for a mere $90.00 (or even less) how easy it is to get the  attention and time of your local successful investors (in this case 4 hours of their time), learn their techniques as well as sharing mine and expand your team. This is far less then the $5,000.00 seminar fee that shares "concept" investing and not real life transactions!

Correct me ...... You could not possibly just text blast to just anybody. It has to be a list of potential team members, realtors, investors, buyers etc  to get together and do real  networking and of course with you paying for the dinner and tips at a local restaurant. Now question begs a response and where and how did it come about?

You first need to establish relationships with folks before you do this, of course . . .

@richelle thomas Thanks! you should try it if you haven't already. It was a lot of fun!

Hey Mike,

I've got a buddy that set up this neat website for organizing masterminds online.

http://themastery.org/

It is paid though.

I've got a group started their for Real Estate investors.

Nice work @Mike Alder ! I'm doing some wholesaling in Cuyahoga County - let's connect.

I love this idea. I've done something similar with my peers who have a similar passion with real estate, but nothing with real experienced investors. I'm definitely giving it a go!

Thanks @Joshua McGinnis  

If you need feet on the ground in Cuyahoga County let me know! I'd be happy to help!

@Mike Alder  That's a good idea. Thanks for sharing. I'll have to try that later on. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here