I made $187,861 NET profit on this flip!

127 Replies

Hi @Andy M.  surprised you recognize me in my little boat. It looks like going to that conference did you well. It was such a great time. Hope to see you again.

@Jeff S. The BP conference was great, I keep waiting for the next one (hint hint @Joshua Dorkin  ) But seriously I made a few GREAT friends there. Ryan Webber and I really hit it off, it was like we were brothers. We had monthly phone calls and I was pretty shook up when he died. I also linked up with Aaron Mazrillo, he and I are really good buddies now as well.

@Larry Turowski  Hey! Walks are good, at least you are on base with an opportunity to score! Seriously though, I've done A LOT of flips and wholesales over the last 12 years, but that was the highest net profit.

@Anthony Gayden  HGTV eh? I guess that would be cool... but I would have to make up a bunch of dramatic events that didn't happen. :) I am recording another story right now about a house that I bought at trustees sale, and my basement of that house is currently leaking. Ugh, there is some real drama. Stay tuned for that one in the coming months. 

@Brian Ortins  I don't make a scrapbook of all flips, but I did put that one together as a gift to my buddy Matt that did the remodel with me. It just had such good before and after pictures so It made for a great story. Thanks for the comment!

@Christine Lovett  That is awesome! I really appreciate it! my new "vlog" is definitely a labor of love and the pay I get is view feedback. Thanks for sharing it. :)

@Rick Baggenstoss  Yes, we always planned on finishing the basement, but the upstairs space was a welcome surprise. Matt (my partner in the video) and I have been friends for a long time. I'm a better wholesaler than him, but he is definitely a more talented flipper than me. He has an eye for details and colors that I just don't have. On most projects (starter homes) it isn't as important, but I didn't want to tackle this project on my own. We actually split the deal 50/50, we both put up half of the purchase money and half of the repair money. I brought the deal and he handled the renovation with my input.

Congrats @Andy M.  !

I have been involved in flipping homes since '98 and I have been blessed with two similar deals to yours. You never forget those home runs! Keep going to bat and you'll see another I am sure. Those sure help keep me in the REI game!!

Congrats on your success Andy, it is always nice to hit a home run once in a while.

Being a numbers guy, I am wondering how you managed to hold this property for one year and sell it for only $32,000 in costs to get to your posted net profit?

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you