I made $187,861 NET profit on this flip!

127 Replies

@Kenneth Hynes  Good question. We had to pull permits with Salt Lake City, but we didn't need to change the zoning. The structure was already in place, and we didn't really add any square footage, just finished it. I'm not sure why the County didn't count any basement or attic square footage in their assessment, but they didn't. They didn't even show that it was there. But you are correct, the added finished square footage definitely added a lot of value to the home.

Originally posted by @Andy M.:

Thanks @George P.  ! They were a little bored. My favorite comment is when my daughter says, "did you lose all of your money?" :)

"No, but it felt that way when I paid my income taxes."

@Jon Klaus  Lol. Spoken like a seasoned investor. It is the curse that no one wants to hear you complain about, "ah man, I just wrote a six figure check to the IRS this year". It just comes off like your bragging. 

@David C.  Thanks David! I appreciate the kind words about the video and the flip. My hope with all of my videos is that they inspire people. If I can help show someone what is possible then I can make a difference in their life, even if it is in a small way. 

NA Onyido Thanks for the love on the video! We actually have been making A LOT of videos like this one. My brother is now full time working for my video blog cranking out videos like these. :)

I dont like the old lady...................lol.  what was she like when you told her you made sooooooooooooooo much money on her hunk of grabge home.?

@David Kay I don't remember specifically how much the attic renovation cost (I don't think we broke it out like that). But yes, the total repair figure included all new electrical and plumbing though out the whole house. Thanks for the compliment on the project. ;)

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you