Success on craigslist

2 Replies

I'm curious to know if there is anyone who has an idea on what sellers look for as keywords when looking to sell their home. I'm noticing most posts are from other wholesalers and not the actual sellers and that makes getting contacts rather difficult. My curiosity is peaked. 

Free leads are the lowest quality. 

Can a deal be done off craigslist, for sure. Will you spend a ton of time sifting through crap, you betcha. Will there be a lot of competition, more than you ever imagined. 

The higher the cost (money or effort) to source the lead, the less competition in my opinion. 

It can work, but you need to determine if it is the best use of your time or source for leads. 

@Tim G. I use craigslist as a free source while waiting for hits on my site, calls from signs or letters. But I like to maintain market versatility and figure if I have more of an idea of what the seller thinks, then maybe I can utilize that cross-media to optimize my marketing, even the free type. And yes, there is way more success in targeted marketing through leads but I feel like there's a key on craigslist that I may be missing. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here