2015 Goals (Especially interested in Iowa Investors)

25 Replies

Here is my goal for 2015:

- Complete 8 flips in the year

- Average 15k of net profit in my pocket on each deal

That's its, pretty basic. I am closing on two properties in November that I will be listing at the beginning of 2015, so I feel I have a good head start to reach my goal. My biggest obstacle will be tax season (I am a CPA and tax season gets a tad busy). So I am hoping to close on a property in January 2015 that will keep my partner on the deals busy during the tax season.

Hey, @Tyler Smiarowski

Good goal on the 8 flips! You'll be quite busy! I'd be interested to hear quarterly reports of how your progressing :).

My goal for 2015 is to obtain 6 more long term rental properties, each with a cash-flow of approximately 550/month after ALL expenses. 

We, too, are closing on 2 properties in November: a 4plex to hold and a SFH to flip.

Once we have 6 more properties in 2015, we'll be retiring to Central America haha.

Lofty, i know.

My goal is early retirement haha. 

Actually, I'd like to build a good list of investors that I can bring deals for the Cedar Rapids/Iowa City area.

Andrew,

Are you doing any advertising to find deals? I would be interested to know what locals use for direct mailers and the cost?

Goals for 2015 - more multifamily properties to buy and hold (maybe some single family if the numbers work) ideally looking for $200/door cash flow with as little down as possible.  Like everyone else trying to ditch the day job asap and retire (if you can call the real estate part "retirement") - about 25% of the way there now.

@Andrew Carter put me on your list, I'd be interested to see what you can come up with :).

@Thomas Fosnaugh   your goals are similar to ours. We're about 25% there, too. I'd love 200/door! That's a great goal. Right now, we're sitting around 150/door. 

@tyler 

@Tyler Smiarowski  awesome goals. Once you do the 8 flips are you then going to invest in buy and holds? 

2015 Goals: Increase cash flow. Given the changes in the market, and things getting more difficult, I will have to play it by ear on exactly how I do that. It might be SF, or MF, or commercial or a bit of each. 

Will continue buying until interest rates or property values no longer work with my formulas, and then will sit back. Can't be as aggressive as I used to, because I don't have as much free time, but still feel there is value out there.

@Tyler Smiarowski  I'm just getting started with mailing out Yellow Letters to people in preforeclosure.

@Account Closed  Got you on my list!

Right now I have 93 properties on my list for Linn County. Mostly single family homes.

@Justin S.  Will do! What are you looking for (single family, condos, apartment buildings, etc)?

@Andrew Carter  All of the above. My portfolio is very spread out between houses, apartments, and commercial, so I am familiar with everything.

I am hoping to add three properties this next year.      I am working on getting my financing set up to purchase a duplex at the beginning of the year.  I am not near as adventurous as some of you.  :)   I am in the Des Moines area.  

@Joe Fairless  

Maybe..right now I own 23 rental units and wanted something to help accumulate cash faster so I decided to focus on flips. Probably will try to stockpile cash from flips in '14 and '15 and then decide the next step. Possible scenerio:

- Continue to flip  and convert every 3rd or 4th flip into a rental to hold for at least 1 year and then possibly sale to cash out or do a 1031 xchange into a long term buy and hold.

Also at some point at the end of '15 consider doing RE fulltime.

@Rebecca Olson To keep with my fairly conservative numbers I'm looking to add at least 4 SFH properties cash flowing $300 a month. My overall goal is to have 40 SFH by the time I turn 40. At that point if I buy them right I could retire from everything but real estate management. 4 houses a year is easy and I'd love to exceed these numbers but it will be mostly spare time and sub contracting rehabs until I retire completely.

My Goal for 2015 is to learn as much I can so I can do this full time in REI plus to retire. Goal is to retire on Sept 30 2015, help me reach my Goal ^_^

I have the very modest goal of buying at least one new rental property. I figure if I can get at least one per year, I'll be doing good in the long run. But I'm one to set modest goals then try to beat them, so if I may do much more than that.

I like the idea of doing a flip to build up more cash for rental properties. That's probably something I'll look into more this next year as well.

@Andrew Carter  , you can add me to your list as well. You'll meet your goal in no time at this rate.

Great discussion!

My goals for 2015:  

-I will purchase 6 or more rental units (single family or multi-family) by the end of the year.

-I will network with many local investors to help grow each-others business.

-Learn more and grow my passion for real estate!

Please add me to your list as well @Andrew Carter  .

Hope you all had a wonderful Halloween weekend!  Anyone dress up? Here is a picture of my family. Fraggle Rock!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here