Lead STATS: Wrapping up 2014, Many thanks to BIGGERPOCKETS!

27 Replies

47 Transactions:

44.7% of all closed transactions where the result of leads generated through BP!

Many thanks to @Joshua Dorkin  and his team for their countless hours building the premier site for RE investing.  Congratulations on your 10 year anniversary!  I always look forward to traveling for the holidays as I get to cram in 4 podcasts on our 400 miles of travel.  Thanks for reminding me to publish some success stories, and I look forward to reading those from others!!  

IMO, the absolute best investment you can make in your RE investment future, is the Bigger Pockets Pro membership!!!

Happy Holidays to all!

Sincerely,

Mark Updegraff

Originally posted by @Mark Updegraff :

47 Transactions:

44.7% of all closed transactions where the result of leads generated through BP!

Many thanks to @Joshua Dorkin  and his team for their countless hours building the premier site for RE investing.  Congratulations on your 10 year anniversary!  I always look forward to traveling for the holidays as I get to cram in 4 podcasts on our 400 miles of travel.  Thanks for reminding me to publish some success stories, and I look forward to reading those from others!!  

IMO, the absolute best investment you can make in your RE investment future, is the Bigger Pockets Pro membership!!!

Happy Holidays to all!

Sincerely,

Mark Updegraff

Congrats. You should post this on the thread "I'm thankful for Biggerpockets because.....".

Kudos,

Mary

Congratulations on a successful year!  

Wow, @Mark Updegraff  -- you continue to impress me.  Well done, sir! Congrats on all your success.  Keep doing your thing and I hope you'll also continue to spread the word about how powerful BiggerPockets can be for investors and other real estate professionals.

21 deals coming out of BiggerPockets?   That's fantastic, Mark. Congrats on a big year that's not even over yet. 

@Mark Updegraff   Very impressive!  I know you're a developer, so are all your deals new builds or ? Maybe you can give a few more details on the "leads" you found on BP, were they for buyers, financing, partners, etc.? I know I myself, and many others  like to know the details of how others are doing things, as well as using this site, etc. 

Those are great numbers, well done!

Congrats!

I'm looking to be there someday, as well! :D

Originally posted by @Karen Margrave :

@Mark Updegraff   Very impressive!  I know you're a developer, so are all your deals new builds or ? Maybe you can give a few more details on the "leads" you found on BP, were they for buyers, financing, partners, etc.? I know I myself, and many others  like to know the details of how others are doing things, as well as using this site, etc. 

This is also info I would like to know....  :-)

Thanks everyone!  These were all deals where I represented either the buyer or seller of a 1-4 unit property.  

I'm still working on my fist two developments currently.  They've ended up being quite drawn out, but I think that is pretty much on par for the course.

You closed 21 listings where the leads were generated through BP.  Is that not fantastic? Or are you just generally fantastic and this is par for the course?

Are other agents generating that kind of business here?  Wow. Congrats.  It's been a good year and it's only December 1st. 

Awesome Mark! BP has also increased my real estate business this year.

Awesome @Mark Updegraff  

Inspiration at its finest! I can only imagine what 2015 will be like! :)

That is great news!!!

Thanks so much everyone!  I'm looking forward to 2015.  I talk with a lot of investors that give agency a try and don't last too long.  This was my second year, and I'm taking the challenge for year 3.  I do understand the downsides of being an agent while being an investor, however, I think they can actually be quite complementary depending on your business structure.  

Of course I'll keep you all posted if I change opinions next year.  Remembering back to the spring / summer season and the inability to spend time with the family is a huge draw back.  

@Mark Updegraff  I see no issue with working both as an agent and as a developer/builder.  It would be very rare that both you and a buyer/seller would be in the market for the same properties, etc. 

On the buyers/sellers you found on BP, were they local to your area? I know there's others working as agents on BP, and would like to know how you've managed to capture so many leads; and I'm sure Joshua would like to hear about it too. Did you advertise on Marketplace or ? (If you don't mind sharing) 

@Karen Margrave  

probably function of the Rochester market  lots of inventory changing hands  old investors wanting out new blood coming in...

@Karen Margrave  I'm super attentive and responsive and listen carefully to clients.  I'm not pushy, and I provide killer service.  That has pretty much worked for all my lead conversion efforts.  My background in construction, property management, investment, rehab, local ordinances, zoning, and my killer team of professionals that always answer my call make it easy for me to quickly and precisely answer any concerns that someone may have in regards to real estate.  I don't believe the marketplace has specifically enhanced lead generation.  I would say providing good content, and superior services has.

Hope that helps!

Mark

@Karen Margrave  Mark helped me acquire a property earlier this year and I found him on BP.

For me I had started to "shop" realtors back in the fall of 2013 and the few I reached out to by cold-calling seemed eager to help of course but didn't have the specific type of investor experience I was looking for. 

I don't remember how I exactly stumbled on Mark here at BP, but I'm thinking that's what it was -- I stumbled on one of his posts.  It was clear to me he was knowledgeable, active, and most of all enthusiastic.  In talking with him it was clear he's got great positive energy.  "There's always deals to go around" is something I remember him saying and it struck a chord.  Abundance, not scarcity.  I don't think Mark advertises per se, but he put himself and his knowledge out there which was enough to fish me in.

I'm not surprised with his success this year, he was a junkyard dog and on top of everything.  Looking forward to working with him again.

@Mark W.  Thanks so much for the kind words!  I had A LOT of fun working with you!!  I can't believe the craziness we endured!!!!  Those deals were by far the best stories I have from 2014!!!  I remember seeing that crapper on the weekend and you were pretty bummed out and in need of some relaxation after the ringer we went through.  I'm so glad you decided to come check out Melrose that day, even though we both probably just wanted to drink some hot chocolate by the fire.  That property is still my all time favorite.  I hope it brings your family the tenants it deserves.  Ones who love it the way we do, and care for it the way it should be.

That is going to be a tough act to follow, but you know how I feel about a challenge :D

Sincerely,
Mark

PS: We also saw the worst "tear off" roof I've ever seen in my career, and I've seen some bad ones!!  Remember when I stuck my fingers through it from the attic?  insane!!!

@Mark Updegraff  Oh man I forgot about that roof.  I have driven past that quad a number of times and I am pretty sure they did nothing about it.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here