For beginners how do you flip a house without no money?

4 Replies

I'm a college student wanting to learn how you get started with flipping house without using my own money? 

First I would say you should focus more on your college education as there will be plenty of time to learn to flip houses.

But....  I would suggest the following;  Drive around and find For Sale By Owner signs, call them and see if there is a deal to be had.  You would put the home under contract and then flip it to another end buyer.  

That is the super fast explanation of how it works, there is more to it then that but that is how you can flip with no money of your own. 

Good luck

Curt Davis, Real Estate Agent in TN (#00321765)
605-310-7929

Welcome to BP.

There are various loan programs. Find the right financing for it. My two suggestions are;

203K Loan

Commercial (Construction Loan)

by going for the above loans, you will not need money for rehab cost. 

Hope it helps.

I would suggest that you find cash buyers, or in other words, find buyers that can pay cash for discounted properties. Create a list of those buyers.

It seems that in the flipping game, those cash buyers are as good as having a bank account full of money.

So, with my meager knowledge of flipping, I would further suggest putting ads on Craigslist asking for cash buyers of homes OR contact a wholesaler in your area and ask them if they have a list of buyers. If they have that list, negotiate a partnership where you will pay the wholesaler 50% of your earnings.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.