Poll how much money has BiggerPockets made for you?

202 Replies

I'm not going to get too inquisitive here, so lets simply use  the numbers below.  Please select the number that is most appropriate.  I personally have made more than $100K.

Over $1,000

over $10,000

Over $100,000

Over $1,000,000

Over $10,000,000 If you made this much you'll probably be asked to do show 101.  :) 

Updated about 3 years ago

As @Karyn Tapley correctly points out this should also include saved for you.

If saving money = making money

>$10,000

Medium star changer propertiesKaryn T. MD, Star Changer Properties, LLC | [email protected] | 5599976326

maybe I should add more than $100 made or saved.

Through relationships started here, BP has helped my company grow two new RE systems, creating well over $100K gross profit this year in bulk REO acquisitions. In addition, the BP Blog and Podcast has allowed me to streamline our interoffice processes, reduce lead expenses and focus our time on more income-producing activity (about $23,000 saved this year). Thank you, Bigger Pockets (ours are actually BIGGER thanks to you)!

Over $100k. In just the last year I have done rehab deals with 6 BP members and I am currently building a rental portfolio with another BP member!

@Kevin Cook  Sounds like BP has had a major positive impact on your business.

@J Scott I'd bet you are more towards 7 figures than 5 figures.

@Craig Rismiller    Maybe we should do a poll about how many other PB members with whom you have done business.  (@J Scott would probably win if you include books sold though).  

I'd maybe add something like 500k. 900k is a pretty large gap :)

Medium head icon colorRyan Dossey, Call Porter | http://Callporter.com | IN Agent # RB15001099

Towards the higher end and climbing.

There is nothing comparable to this site. The key is consistency. Make BP a daily part of your business and fabric of your life ( within reason of course ! .... : )

It's very powerful for a new client to read my close to 8,000 posts of knowledge versus looking up a commercial broker website etc. and having to contact them and they might be sub-par.

It makes it easy to connect. I am not even using the site yet to it's full potential.    

Medium allworldrealtyJoel Owens, All World Realty | [email protected] | 678‑779‑2798 | http://www.AWcommercial.com | Podcast Guest on Show #47

J. Scott, had no idea book sales were that good!

I have made, paid in hand to me, zip, notta, nothing, zilch, smoke, not a cent!

Now, a member I met with did beat me to the tab at lunch, at my objection, that was under ten bucks, don't know if that counts, but, then I'd have to count the expenses incurred buying for others, so.... I'm in the red! I must be doing something wrong....LOL 

Medium logoscopiccroppedblue2Bill Gulley, General Real Estate Academy | https://generalrealestateacademy.com

Originally posted by @Bill Gulley :

Now, a member I met with did beat me to the tab at lunch, at my objection, that was under ten bucks, don't know if that counts, but, then I'd have to count the expenses incurred buying for others, so.... I'm in the red! I must be doing something wrong....LOL 

I wasn't even including book sales!

The question I was answering was, "If BP didn't exist, how much less profit do I believe I'd have made in this business?"

This includes deals where I partnered with other BP members, bought properties from them, sold properties to them, loaned them money, borrowed money from them, hired them as contractors, etc.

It's quite possible I would have done some of these deals anyway, and it's not possible to determine exactly how much of the profit/savings was derived from the relationships, but in general, it's safe to say that if BP didn't exist, I'd have likely made many hundreds of thousands of dollars less than I have...

So, it's really a subject opinion, a guess anchored in perception of economic benefits rather than any accounting allocation qualified to actual net amounts involving direct relationships with BP members.

Not discounting the value of BP or net working at all, but subjective opinions are influenced by many variables, attitudes, agendas and assumptions.

My sandwich was good, it may have put me in a better position to discuss another business transaction later that day, so it may have contributed to some success there, I didn't account for that. That meeting led to other aspects later on, so I guess I could consider residual incomes, I'd need to get busy on a flow chart approach I guess, family tree, centers of influence, that type of stuff.

Perhaps we might better define "deal" and "made" or in terms of net income before taxes. :) 

Medium logoscopiccroppedblue2Bill Gulley, General Real Estate Academy | https://generalrealestateacademy.com

$0

So, it's really a subject opinion, a guess anchored in perception of economic benefits rather than any accounting allocation qualified to actual net amounts involving direct relationships with BP members.

Absolutely.  I'm not smart enough to quantify any better than that...

So hard to know,  but I will say this,  as a 27 year old making $30,000 a year, my net worth minus debt hit 6 figures this year.     2 years ago, before bigger pockets,  it was under $10,000. 

I know this would not have been possible without bigger pockets!   I am so thankful.  

Originally posted by @Cal C. :

I'm not going to get too inquisitive here, so lets simply use  the numbers below.  Please select the number that is most appropriate.  I personally have made more than $100K.

Over $1,000

over $10,000

Over $100,000

Over $1,000,000

Over $10,000,000 If you made this much you'll probably be asked to do show 101.  :) 

Awesome post Cal,

To be honest I would have to say probably $10,000+

Maybe I should stop being honest and genuine and starting using more sales spiels lol jokesss

Its been a pleasure contributing on Bigger Pockets and writing blogs. This has assisted us with building our brand and credibility.

Thanks Bigger Pockets :)

Medium list n sell logo designEngelo Rumora, List'n Sell Realty | [email protected] | 419 740 6999 | https://agentscomefirst.com/ | Podcast Guest on Show #89

"made" is indeed a little fuzzy. I have definitely increased my net worth over 100k from action that are directly attributable to what I've learned on BP. I have yet to increase my income, but expect that to kick in nicely within the next six months or so.

Medium team zen logo vJean Bolger, 33 Zen Lane | http://www.solidrealestateadvice.com

lol

Love this :)

Medium list n sell logo designEngelo Rumora, List'n Sell Realty | [email protected] | 419 740 6999 | https://agentscomefirst.com/ | Podcast Guest on Show #89

So hard to know,  but I will say this,  as a 27 year old making $30,000 a year, my net worth minus debt hit 6 figures this year.     2 years ago, before bigger pockets,  it was under $10,000. 

I know this would not have been possible without bigger pockets!   I am so thankful.  

Well then, please send me my check! LOL

I need to monetize my participation somehow, LOL, I'm behind you.....now that's not right :)

Seriously, good for you, keep going!

Well then, please send me my check! LOL

I need to monetize my participation somehow, LOL, I'm behind you.....now that's not right :)

Bill - How do we know he wouldn't be doing better if it weren't for your contributions?  ;-)

Maybe you owe HIM money!

@J Scott 

You're messing up my marketing attempts here, maybe we could work a split if he's doing flips. I'd rather not audit past activities to 17,000+ posts to see! Perhaps a justified assumption.... :)  LOL 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you