Poll how much money has BiggerPockets made for you?

205 Replies

Originally posted by @Michael Quarles :

Lets look at how much BP has made off of all of US....

http://mcjonline.com/ biggerpockets.com is worth $ 1,446,120.00

http://www.webuka.com/ 753,012.00

http://www.netvaluator.com/ biggerpockets.com is worth $694,080.00

I am getting close to $50,000 spent on or given to BP so I think it works both ways. 

This made me laugh.  A few months ago I did some title research to help a BP member.  I tracked down where the missing owners post foreclosure might be, in another state.  I gave the member 3 addresses of possible family members and told him what I would do.  He wrote me a few weeks later to tell me he did exactly what I said.  This never happens, no one ever does exactly what I say.  And he got the deal!  He said thank you very much and that he would be making a donation.....to Josh.  Yay Josh!

Originally posted by @J Scott:
Originally posted by @Michael Quarles:

I am getting close to $50,000 spent on or given to BP so I think it works both ways. 

Michael - Do you use Zillow and Trulia for your ARV estimates? ;-)

Can someone translate this into English for us non internet business savvy individuals?

Over $1000...maybe.

The biggest contribution has been finding MySmartMove.com. Have been using it to screen roommmates and tenants, so it's impossible to say how much drama/expense I have not dealt with due to better tenant screening. 

I can say that getting rid of my first (unscreened) tenant cost about $2k to get rid of, and I eliminated similar tenant prospects this fall, due to info from MSM (they "forgot" to mention some brushes with the law. Reject.).

Originally posted by Kristine Marie Poe:

This made me laugh.  A few months ago I did some title research to help a BP member.  I tracked down where the missing owners post foreclosure might be, in another state.  I gave the member 3 addresses of possible family members and told him what I would do.  He wrote me a few weeks later to tell me he did exactly what I said.  This never happens, no one ever does exactly what I say.  And he got the deal!  He said thank you very much and that he would be making a donation.....to Josh.  Yay Josh!

Don't coach for fees, K. Marie it will depress you what people want for free and will consider a short thanks for ample and suitable payment.

Originally posted by @Brian Gibbons :
Originally posted by @K. Marie Poe:

Don't coach for fees, K. Marie it will depress you what people want for free and will consider a short thanks for ample and suitable payment.

I would never coach for a fee. I don't help people with deals for a fee.  If I think I can help.... I will.  A lot of people don't follow through on anything, so I've learned to filter motivation and abilities a bit.  But it just cracked me up that someone thought Josh deserved compensation for a deal they said I helped make happen. But people are weird.  I helped another member research several properties.  He wrote to me for my mailing address as he said he wanted to send me a small gift.  Gift never came but the phone calls and emails keep coming. 

Quarles has a good point.  BP a two way street.  The BP platform is a great thing, but the members create the content.  And the clicks.  Using the term "Donor" to contribute to a for profit business still confounds me.

He is probably the largest real estate investor on the forum.  

Not quite accurate, the largest internet start-up - Yes. 

RE, not quite.

@Jean Bolger  has the right idea. I've made over $10k in cash so far, but have increased my net worth by much more with the education I've received here.  Ask me again in four months when my first two rehab projects are done and I'll have an even higher number.

Congrats to everyone that uses our site to network and grow their business!  It is humbling to see how successful some people have become with help from BiggerPockets.

I'm not sure why or how this conversation has become about me, but it shouldn't be. 

I built and run this company, but unlike the gurus, this place is not about me, but our members.

I look forward to hearing more success stories from everyone!

Total from deals done with or because of BP members; low to mid 7 figures. 

Profit; mid to high 6 figures. 

Blows my mind thinking back over the past 6 years. 

Thank you BP, and all who I've worked with and learned from!

At least for the people who have posted in this thread and are actual investors, there seems to be a high correlation between prolific posters and large amount of money earned via BP directly or more appropriately indirectly.  @Brian Burke   @Jon Klaus  @J Scott and @Will Barnard  to name a few are examples of this.  Lets face it, people are more apt to invest with someone who is consistently posting relevant and pertinent data on here and whose reputation is more or less tied into BP.  

It is also obvious that a lot of people are making and/or saving money via their time spent on BP.  

Once again, @Joshua Dorkin  thanks for working so hard to start this site and to keep it going long before you made any money at it.  

Hi every one my name Is Robert... I am new here... I have not made any money yet with big pockets but looking forward to it! So far I flipped 1 wholesale deal landed me $9k so I am a believer I just have to learn more.. I was thinkimg of leaning toward narrow ing in on probates... Anyone have any helpful tips??  I am out of Newcastle Delaware

Not sure about how much profit has been directly made because of Bigger Pockets

but

I have purchased over $1,000,000.00 of property via Joint Ventures with Bigger Pockets members.

Just purchased my first rental property thanks to the encouragement I get from BP so I guess I need to figure out what taking the first step is worth. Just did it...priceless.

Originally posted by @Carey Edmund :

Just purchased my first rental property thanks to the encouragement I get from BP so I guess I need to figure out what taking the first step is worth. Just did it...priceless.

well said.

Originally posted by @Cal C. :
Originally posted by @Max M.:

$120.00 exactly

Ok, How did you make exactly $120?  If you are joking, then please come up with a good tale.  

Two people who saw my introductory thread here gave me some dough. @Raj Gandhi hired me to do a writing job which I completed partially and was paid partially for (the nature of the job was that it could still be useful part way done). Another anonymous party found me very entertaining and helped me out a bit :)

This may seem like a trivial amount of dough, but I can assure you that this small cash advantage will probably take months or years off my poverty timetable.

I have no doubt that in the future my BiggerPockets shenanigans can lead to a lot more commas and 0's in that figure!!!

I just joined tonight... And if yall say saving money is making money then im pretty sure i just made $25k. Heres why and i want to share to start another convo about this topic...

Fortune Builders. Than Merrill and there business practice.

I have owned my own business since i was 19. 5 of them. The biggest one was the last one. We did $3.5 mill a year in revenue. And had up to 20 employees. All except one have been sold for a profit. And the one was bad and I broke even in a very bad situation. My point is i feel like im a smart guy with alot of common sense who works real hard and trys to work smart for my money.

I see alot of value in what they offer in just there systems and software alone. I know i have started all 5 of those businesses and none of them were started for $25k or less. And none if them had all the systems and software in place that they offer. And Definetly didn't come with a support staff or a coach. So for that reason alone i see the value in what they offer.

I also know that, with my experience and knowledge i can do this alone. And can prob get all that software and systems set up alot cheaper. But how much time will it take me ? And how much trial and error and mess up money will it really cost me in long run.

So my question is. If u can afford it and it wouldnt put u in a financial situation. Would you see the value in, it because they offer much more, and pay the money mainly to save time and energy that could be spent making money? And would you spend the money.?

This post has been removed.

Originally posted by @Account Closed :
 Hey I'm from Bowie,MD. Do you offer mentoring on wholesaling? For example if I found a deal and need help structuring @J Scott:

There is all kinds of info on wholesaling on here just search on the topic.  If you have specific questions then starting a new thread would probably be your best bet.

Originally posted by @Michael Hebert :

I just joined tonight... And if yall say saving money is making money then im pretty sure i just made $25k. Heres why and i want to share to start another convo about this topic...

Fortune Builders. Than Merrill and there business practice.

I have owned my own business since i was 19. 5 of them. The biggest one was the last one. We did $3.5 mill a year in revenue. And had up to 20 employees. All except one have been sold for a profit. And the one was bad and I broke even in a very bad situation. My point is i feel like im a smart guy with alot of common sense who works real hard and trys to work smart for my money.

I see alot of value in what they offer in just there systems and software alone. I know i have started all 5 of those businesses and none of them were started for $25k or less. And none if them had all the systems and software in place that they offer. And Definetly didn't come with a support staff or a coach. So for that reason alone i see the value in what they offer.

I also know that, with my experience and knowledge i can do this alone. And can prob get all that software and systems set up alot cheaper. But how much time will it take me ? And how much trial and error and mess up money will it really cost me in long run.

So my question is. If u can afford it and it wouldnt put u in a financial situation. Would you see the value in, it because they offer much more, and pay the money mainly to save time and energy that could be spent making money? And would you spend the money.?

What do they offer you for the 25k?

This post has been removed.

WOW, What a question.  That is hard for me to figure because BP has helped my blog tremendously, Its hard to put a monetary figure on that.  I also have learned a lot about flipping and direct marketing.  I would estimate over 10k for sure, probabaly not 100k.  

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here