Direct Mail Marketing Motivation

16 Replies

Hi BP,

I just wanted to let you all know that I began my first yellow letter campaign, sending 75 letters per week and the day following my FIRST mailing this week, I received 4 call backs and they all said "NO" or just wasn't motivated. I'm very excited because this is my first step into changing my life and I believe that as I consistently market, talk to sellers, and educate myself that I will grow to a level of success that I've never experienced in my life.

I'm not sure how many "NO's" I'll hear before getting that "YES," but I will remain consistent in my efforts until what I'm working toward is actualized. So to all of you who have been planning and planning and taking no action, I encourage you to take that first step and know that whatever you have the faith to build, you empower to grow!

Take care BP and I look forward to returning to you with more encouragement and testimonies of my journey. It is because of what I'm learning here that I'm able to grow and go!

- Eric Bates

Thanks, Eric. IMO, getting a lot of "no's" set you up for success as they give you some good practice for when that "yes" finally rolls in. Good Luck

Way to take the next step and start doing some actionable things! You'll definitely get a lot of no's before you get a yes. What that number might be is hard to predict based on how good your initial list is that you're mailing to. I would try to amp up your marketing to a few more lists as well if time permits. Target probates, expired listings, rentals that are not yet for sale (they may be after that problem tenant), etc.

Congrats @Eric Bates  I sent out 200 letters 3 days ago. The next day I received 8 calls with about 2 or 3 motivated sellers. 

All in all I have gotten 15 calls with 4 motivated sellers. Just stay motivated and determined and it will workout for you I truely believe. 

Keep us posted. 

Eric, 

Congrats on getting things started!  I am very close to starting my first marketing campaign, so I am glad to hear things are going well for you.  A couple quick questions - how many times (and how often) do you plan to mail to each contact and what system do you have in place to ensure you follow up properly?  I ask this question because you mentioned you were mailing on a weekly basis, so it seems that you will have a lot of following up to do at different points in time.  When I first started designed my campaign I was going to do weekly, but I thought monthly would make it more manageable.  Curious to hear back.  Good luck with everything!

@Collin Goodwin  I definitely agree! The no's will help shape my ability to become better in so many ways. 

Good stuff @Brandon Proctor  on your current marketing campaign. I pray that everything works out just fine and that those motivated sellers become deals for you very soon! I will stay motivated and will continue to move forward and you do the same!

@Steven J.  Thanks so much for your feedback. I will definitely be beefing up that number very soon. As of now, I'm take manageable steps so that I can handle the increase that will come as a result of more effective marketing. I am looking into multiple lists as well. Thanks for the help in direction.

@Eric Bates  congrats on taking the action and starting a direct mail campaign.  I am starting my first campaign the fist week of February.   I am sure I will be getting a lot of NO's also.  But I figure eventually someone will say yes.  At least I hope. hahaha

@Jason King  Thanks for your response. With this particular campaign I plan to send to that list every 60 or days, but I've targeted about 900 total homeowners. I just broke it up into those increments for the sake of cost (doing things with one partner), being able to handle a manageable amount of calls since this is my first marketing campaign and first everything in real estate, so, yea. I didn't have a large budget to begin with, so I'm using what I have to do what I need to get what I want...if that makes sense. As far as following up on leads, I'm keeping a color coded spreadsheet that lets me know what stage each lead is in and whether or not to follow up with them. I hope that answers your questions :)

@John Hixon  Thank you kindly sir! I wish the best of success with your campaign. Just be consistent and know that you'll get that diamond in the rough soon.

Originally posted by @Brandon Proctor :

Congrats @Eric Bates  I sent out 200 letters 3 days ago. The next day I received 8 calls with about 2 or 3 motivated sellers. 

All in all I have gotten 15 calls with 4 motivated sellers. Just stay motivated and determine it will workout for you I truely believe. 

Keep us posted. 

@Brandon Proctor: Have you use agent pro? Which site has helped you the most?

Originally posted by @Ashley Miller :
Originally posted by @Brandon Proctor:

All in all I have gotten 15 calls with 4 motivated sellers. Just stay motivated and determine it will workout for you I truely believe. 

Keep us posted. 

@Brandon Proctor: Have you use agent pro? Which site has helped you the most?

I have been using listsource to get my leads. Has been working pretty well for me. 

@BrandonProctor I used agentpro I sent out 133 letters so far off that site on Thursday but Monday I'm going to purchase 200 leads on listsource just starting off small first.

Originally posted by @Ashley Miller :

@BrandonProctor I used agentpro I sent out 133 letters so far off that site on Thursday but Monday I'm going to purchase 200 leads on listsource just starting off small first.

That's a good start good luck! Let me know about your first motivated seller. 

ok sure I will! Thank you! @Brandonproctor

Great Thread. I just mailed out 100 today, and I have another hundred going out next week. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.