• New York City, NY
Votes |
Good and Bad Aggression!

Yvonne Sheehan
  • Investor
  • New York City, NY
Posted Jan 9 2015, 13:24

Can you ever be too aggressive?

I know for most on here, 4 properties in 12 months is a drop in the bucket, or all in a days work, but for me this was aggressive. I have just closed on my 4th property, a single family home in Houston TX and although I have already set my sights on two more for 2015, I can honestly say I am a bag of mixed emotions.

I am so thrilled and proud of myself for pushing and pushing to achieve my goals. For sacrificing, for compromising, for struggling at times and in general proud that I did not lose sight of what my ultimate personal goal was/is -  to achieve financial freedom for myself and my family, so that we can live happy healthy lives from here (U.S.) and abroad (family in Ireland). This goal is my north star and it is firmly imprimted in my mind, I wake up thinking about this goal, I go to sleep repeating this afirmation. There is no doubt but that I will achieve success but my question at this particular moment is;

" At What Cost?" and " Am I being too aggressive?"

I live a nice life here in NY, a modest life in Manhattan (only the 1% or select few can afford to live anything beyond a modest life). My apartment is relatively small, I have a roommate, I have a good job, I walk to work, I have great friends, all in all a nice life.

However in pursuit of my goals, I can't help but feel, at this particular moment, that I have been too aggressive on myself. What do I mean?

(yes champagne problems, but hear me out)

I haven't bought myself a new pair of jeans in months/years. That goes for my entire wardrobe actually, my poor roommate is sick of me borrowing her clothes.

I don't get my hair done as much as I used to. Natural blonde? Are you kidding me this takes work.

I haven't gone on a weekend getaway or trip to the sun as much as I'd like to. Its cold up here people.

I have become someone who watches their money, when deciding what restaurants to go to, what convenience store to buy my groceries from, what brands to purchase.

Now, all of the above may seem normal to most. Call it budgeting, living modestly etc but in pursuit of my goals and I being too hard on myself, too aggressive.

The answer (which I used this post to arrive at, although I knew it already), is NO. When you want something bad enough, when your passion for your goal is burning inside of you, nothing is too aggressive, no compromise is too big or small and the sacrifice will all be worth it in the end.

I will achieve financial freedom for myself and for my family so we can live happy healthy lives from here, and across the globe.

Yvonne  

Loading replies...