How do you apply to be featured on a podcast?
I think those on the show are chosen by the hosts.
Dashon it says you joined over 1 year and 6 months ago yet only have 5 posts here in that time.
So it doesn't seem you have been very active on this site up to this point.
Contact [email protected]
It's up to the owner of the site who they have on a podcast. You never know unless you ask........ : )
As a podcaster, from my experience, I typically only invite guests who I feel have something to contribute to my audience. My community (The Red Pill Investor) has over 1800 people in it, and with a listenership of over 108k downloads, I tend to be choosy.
My advice? You must start from a place of giving. I've been interviewed on several podcasts myself including @JoeFairless and @SeanTerry and I've never asked to be on their show.How you "Get on them" is by being a contributing member to their community, OR have something of value that you can offer to their community.
So often, "guru's" will use the podcasting platform as a simple avenue to the podcaster's audience and community. Podcasters who do that (IMHO) are simply affiliate marketing. Not providing value to the community or audience.
So, in short, if you want to be on someone's podcast; my advice would be this...
- 1. Determine what podcast you want to be on. (The audience you want to reach)
- 2. Determine who the owner or host of the podcast is, and offer them something of value that you feel could help their audience. (**this part is critical... it must be of value to the community they serve***) OR
- 3. Have a FASCINATING Story!!
- 4. Let them know that if they are ever in need of a person to interview, you would be willing.
- 5. Let it go. How you treat the podcaster in your followup is how they gauge how you will treat their audience.
- 6. If they allow you to come on their show, follow their rules exactly. Do not promote any products unless they allow it, and only when they allow it.
- 7. Be gracious. If they say no, that just means "not right now."
Remember, it took a LONG time for me to build up my audience (18 months). Personally, as a podcaster, I have an obligation to my audience to create useful content that adds to their life.
If someone comes on my podcast, and wastes time by trying to shill out products, not only will I NOT post their podcast, they won't get an invite back.
Those who are helpful, and follow Zig Ziglar's Rule of "We Get By Giving" however, are always invited to come... if they have an amazing story, or something of value that could help my listeners.
I hope this helps you!!
Have a Powerful Sales Day!!
This is a post we put together for people interested in being on the podcast:
Ok great guys. I do have a pretty interesting beginners story which I share with people quite often. I'm always coming from a position of giving. I don't have any products to sell, I just know that what I've done can certainly give some one else motivation. Thank you for the advice everyone.
Free eBook from BiggerPockets!
Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!
- Actionable advice for getting started,
- Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
- Learn how to get started with or without money,
- Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
- And a LOT more.
Sign up below to download the eBook for FREE today!
We hate spam just as much as you
Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate
Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing