• Virginia Beach, VA (Virginia Beach)
Votes |
The Tipping Point

Scott Rowsick
  • Realtor
  • Virginia Beach, VA (Virginia Beach)
Posted Feb 8 2015, 14:47

Hey Everyone!

Fun and helpful discussion here--any maybe even some inspiration.

What were some of your tipping points in REI? What were you reading or listening to that made you think this world of REI was possible for you? What was that one thing that got you started? What was that one deal that led to financial freedom (if you're at that point)? And more importantly (for me at least), what was going through your mind that made you push and go to that next level?

For me, I'm still in the very early stages.  But I'm BIG into self-development.  I read those famous (and sometimes notorious, depending upon the person with whom you are speaking) books like The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People and The Success Principles.  And I've listened to Jim Rohn for years.  And Brian Tracy.  And, like many of you here, I assume, Robert Kiyosaki.  And I believe in them.  And many of them have real estate portfolios.  It seemed to me that real estate was a fairly common denominator between all of the people I admired.  So I began to believe that I was capable of the same thing.  And now I'm so grateful I've found this community, and I can't wait to start building my portfolio.

Thanks for reading, and thanks especially for sharing.