Real Estate Successors

4 Replies

Hi, I'm quite new to Bigger Pockets, and the the field of RE. I'm still in high school and am wondering on whether to pursue this field as a career. How likely is it to become successful. I love the idea and art of making a deal, I love the rewards that it can bring, and I have the patience to out wait a recession and build value to my future properties. 

so..

How many people have actually become successful in Real Estate? Whether a millionaire or not, I love the idea of Real Estate. I'm actually interested in Residential and Commercial properties throughout California, Houston Texas, and Singapore. So if anyone can give me advice to further motivate me, that would be splendid. 

P.S. - I got the idea of Real Estate from Manny Khoshbin, a well known Real Estate Tycoon in Irvine, CA. and his success story inspired me to further my interest. 

Welcome to BP, Phillip. Glad to see you thinking about deal making, etc.  The rest of RE is sheetrock, paint, and flooring.  Check out the learning area, especially the podcasts. 

Your likelihood of success depends a) you learning about the best practices for whichever area(s) of REI you choose to pursue, b) taking action on what you learn, c) not giving up when you face challenges, and d) building a network of people whose expertise, skills, and resources you can leverage to achieve your mutual goals (realtors, lenders, other investors, CPA, attorneys, etc.)

Best wishes in your future plans. 

Thanks for the advice!. My biggest concern about entering into this field is exactly how to start.. 

Originally posted by @Doug McLeod :

Your likelihood of success depends a) you learning about the best practices for whichever area(s) of REI you choose to pursue, b) taking action on what you learn, c) not giving up when you face challenges, and d) building a network of people whose expertise, skills, and resources you can leverage to achieve your mutual goals (realtors, lenders, other investors, CPA, attorneys, etc.)

Solid advice.

welcome @Phillip Joo
read,listen to podcasts,ask lots of questions,take action 
get in your car or on a plane and go learn the areas you want to invest in 
go to local meetups and network with other investors 

good luck 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.