#31 Rental - Cost $305

13 Replies

Financed this M/H on 1 acre with a private lender this week.  After all debits/credits I'm all in at $305.  Purchased this property for $42K Cash on 1/6/15 (including all fees), rehabbed for $2558 (including all holding costs and survey) and  financed at $46K on 3/4/15 with private lender for 15 years at 9%. 

P&I $466/month

Ins $65/month

Taxes $114/month

Rent $1,000/month

Congratulations, Rocky, looks super solid!

@Rocky V.   Pretty solid.  What lender did you use?  Just a private guy you know?  Very nice.  Have you got it rented already? 

214-690-9010

Congrats!

Where you looking for MH on land, or did you come across this deal via your normal avenues of finding deals?

Do you use your own money or do you have investors that provide the initial cash outlay?

I did not know that Arlington was between Dallas and Ft. Worth, until I looked it up.

Do you usually buy within 50 miles of your home base?

Do properties on the MLS get sold within a few days like they do in the Denver area?

I realize that you probably rarely buy anything that gets listed but I am amazed at how fast houses are selling with multiple offers my area.  Almost like it was in the pre 2008 bubble era. 

@Tim Ball  It has been leased out since February.  I met this private lender through another colleague and now he has financed several of my buy n hold deals.  I actually acquired my 1st M/H thru him and did not really want the deal but I knew it would lead to something bigger. 

@Robert Blanchard I purchase homes within a 100 mile radius of my home. I currently can not find deals like this in and around Arlington so I am focusing on other areas. Hedge funds and low inventory are the primary reason for this. I am also a licensed Realtor but do not go after any MLS deals as they typically get bid up in my area.

Congrats! @Rocky V. Looks like good deals can still be found in today's seller's market - you just need to know where to look.

@Rocky V. Congrats.  That's an awesome deal.  Glad to see another DFW investor on BP doing well.  

Which area you found this property? It's a great deal.

Fantastic!  Love these stories.  Creative cashflow!

@Sharon Ku I am concentrating on properties within 1 hour south of Dallas and Fort Worth.

@Michael Wentzel Proper maintenance is key in M/Hs.  My oldest M/H (pic below) was built in the late 70's and it set me back over $30K in rehab on initial purchase but it is owned free & clear and renting for $900/month.  My plan is to eventually owner finance these properties.

@Rocky V.  You seem to know your niche and you're doing a great job. I love the numbers on the cash flow. I hate the part that the asset generally moves down in value whereas traditional real estate properties go up in value. But overall, it seems like you've carved yourself a nice piece of the Real Estate pie and are running forward with it. Well done.

Mike

Congrats @ Rocky V. numbers look great

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.