FINALLY closed on our first duplex!

13 Replies

Hi BP,

Just thought I'd share my first success as a real estate investor!

My Fiance and I started looking to purchase a duplex back in January and closed on the property last night! It has been a long and stressful process and it finally happened. Best part about it was that we closed on the 31st, and rent is due today! Ive been contacting the tenants and am trying to arrange meetings for today and this weekend. Also working on meeting the seller to go over a few things with him. The tenants are great, the seller is being super helpful... so far so good! The rental was purchased through an FHA so one set of tenants will have to move out in the next month or two, but all in all.. we are getting things figured out!

I can now officially call myself a real estate investor! that sounds nice...

Joe

Congrats Joe!

Congratulations! I'm hoping I can close my first deal here in the next few months. I'm currently looking and researching

Congrats!!!

Congratulations!!! That's awesome!

good I'm happy for you!

Congrats...best of luck to you. Be careful, it's addictive:)

Thanks everyone! 

@Brandon Turner, i love the idea of house hacking! 

@Eric Munson, My plan is to become addicted ;)

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.