• Suwanee, GA
Votes |
My first Podcast appearance ^^

Daniel Ryu
  • Investor
  • Suwanee, GA
Posted Apr 3 2015, 08:22

No.. it wasn't BiggerPockets.. (yet ^^)

A little more than a year ago, I made the decision to start investing in real estate. Only I had one small problem. I'm living in Korea and I wanted to buy in the US. I had to find a way to overcome 6,000 miles of ocean.

Enter.. BiggerPockets..

Thanks to the BP community here, not only was I able to meet two AWESOME and KNOWLEDGEABLE joint venture partners: @Maxwell Lee and @Kelly L. and make that first investment, I was also able to meet @John Van Uytven who had the great idea to start a meetup out here in Korea - The Seoul Real Estate Investing Meetup which I've posted about in the past:

http://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/223/topics/185...

A Korean market-focused podcast - Marketing In Korea - asked me to come on the show to talk about my 17 years of experience doing business in Korea as well as talk about the meetup I help co-organize and how I was able to invest in the US while living in Korea. I, of course, mentioned BiggerPockets several times!

I know I'm not a seasoned enough real estate investor for the listeners of the BP Podcast yet @Joshua Dorkin @Brandon Turner but I'm working on it ^^

The great thing that this journey into real estate investing has taught me is the power of networking with others. I'm not sure I meet Tony, the show's host, had I not been co-organizing our meetup. And I owe the shift in my thinking, in realizing how important it is, to the community here at BP. 

So thanks guys!

And if anyone wants to learn more about how 16 BP Colleague Requests led to my first real estate investment, here's a link (It's all in English ^^):

http://www.marketinginkorea.com/006/

Also on iTunes, Marketing In Korea, Episode #6

Also a big shout out to the other members of the Seoul Real Estate Investing Meetup who are on BP: @Jacob Michaels, @Dustin Karns, @Josh McNicoll, @Sandra Roddy, @Robert E. Medlock II, @Account Closed

Loading replies...