To Continued Success!

17 Replies

I want to give a shout out to Bigger Pockets and the entire community. This site is amazing, the podcast is incredible, and most importantly, the community is like nothing else! About 6 months ago I began devouring books, podcasts, and reading everything I could. Since then I have acquired 4 properties in Indianapolis, and everything is going great!

My past experience with the business world has taught me (And with the company I own) that you keep everything close to the chest. Don't give away trade secrets or numbers, don't let any one employee see the secret sauce recipe or the entire business process, and most certainly do not encourage and promote competition in your industry locally. 

But to my excitement, around BP and REI I see something completely opposite, and it works! The community is open, the people are willing to help and connect, and this in turn allows everyone to make more money and promote localized economic growth for that area. It truly is a small close knit community.

I can say that starting my journey in REI has been challenging, fun, and so far profitable! Lets continue to grow and succeed in reaching our goals as individuals and as a community!

Cheers,

Tyler Haskell

@Tyler Haskell

Thats the exactly what i enjoy about this website and all of its users! Everyone is openminded and willing to help. Keep up the good work! 

4 properties in 6 months!!!  That's amazing!  I love reading posts like this.  It's people like you that really make this community what it is... without the success stories like yours we wouldn't know that it's working.  

I will toast to your Continued Success!

@Tyler Haskell

First, thanks for your Military Service.  Second, Congrats on getting started on your RE "Career" in your 20's.  Where did you find your properties?  I hope to end up with 10 long term hold properties and do some fix and flips.  

Have a great weekend,

Robert

@Joel Owens @Noel John Cabrigas @Drew Mim Mack

Thanks guys, I appreciate the comments!

@Robert Blanchard

Thank you Robert, I ended up doing a couple deals with another investor out there, and another with a turn key company. There are many of them out there and they all have a different take on preferred neighborhoods and types of houses. Good luck!

Congrats Tyler on the 4 properties.glad to hear of your experience with BP.look forward to continued success

Hey @Tyler Haskell congrats on the success! I couldn't agree more with your assessment of the REI (and BP) community. I never would have guessed going into real estate that people would be so open about their experiences and so willing to help. I'm glad that I was wrong. Keep up the great work!

This community is amazing and really shows that paying it forward and giving back is actually possible. 

Looking forward to seeing you around.

@Tyler Haskell  

Congrats on your early success in RE!

Keep us all posted our future endeavors.

Originally posted by @Tyrone Green:

@Tyler Haskell  

Congrats on your early success in RE!

Keep us all posted on your future endeavors.

I am really glad to hear this! Way to go!

@Tyler Haskell Congrats and great work! Indy is a great market for sure, as I'd assume you agree. And I agree about BP/REI, never seen anything like it where so many people are so open to sharing ideas/knowledge - it's awesome! Keep up the great work.

Tyler I couldn't agree with you more.  BP is an investors dream and has helped me to grow so much in the last year.  So much information and knowledge at our fingertips!!!  I tell everyone I come across related to RE that BP exists.  Great to hear how happy you are too!  That's a huge deal to us!   And a big shout out to Indianapolis!!!! Such a killer market!  Woot!

thank you guys for your positive feedback, including the ones I have worked with so far! 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.