I Did It!

17 Replies

Hi everyone, 

Just wanted to share my success in passing the Michigan real estate exam on the first try!  

@Annette Hibbler Congratulations!  Now maybe you can keep us posted on how having your license has helped (or hindered) you as an investor.

Congratulations. Keep us posted on your journey.

(469) 795-7535

Awesome! Great job. My wife and I have be kicking around the idea of getting our licenses. This is inspiring!

Congrats! Keep the spirit high :)

Congrats!  Now go sell something!!  :) 

Congrats, do you plan to do brokerage work in addition to investing?

(206) 407-5452

Congrats! Inspiring, been tossing on the idea of completing mine. Have to pick myself and continue wher I last left off :) As it is I don't have too much time before the 12 month deadline. BP keeps me pretty informed thus this has taken a back seat. I just would not want to have to pay twice for the course. One plus I know for sure in quicker access to MLS... Best wishes moving forward.

Congrats! Inspiring, been tossing on the idea of completing mine. Have to pick myself and continue wher I last left off :) As it is I don't have too much time before the 12 month deadline. BP keeps me pretty informed thus this has taken a back seat. I just would not want to have to pay twice for the course. One plus I know for sure in quicker access to MLS, or so I think ??... Best wishes moving forward.

Thanks everyone!  I really appreciate the great responses.  Before taking the "plunge" if you will as a real estate salesperson, I thought long and hard about the pros and cons.  As I moved through the course I realized the wealth of information I was being exposed to was more than I would have otherwise taken the time to learn.  Just learning state laws will definitely help us avoid pitfalls.  Learning the details about purchase offers, contracts, embankments, water rights, foreclosures processes, different types of mortgages, state auctioned property procedures, federal and state laws, etc.  They say knowledge is power.  That is certainly true of real estate.  When you know the rules, it's harder for someone to take advantage of you. Learning federal and state laws has made me realize that some of these things could get an unwitting investor in hot water pretty quickly.  For instance, in Michigan, an unlicensed person cannot sell more than five properties a year on his own.  This includes investment properties.  Last year, my husband and I set out flip goal to 10 for 2015.

As an investor, I am now able to go "behind the curtain" of the MLS and view more info on properties than the public. I am also signing up as a HUD agent and getting hold of those keys. This will allow me to visit and bid on my own investment properties directly through HUD.

I'll definitely keep you all up to date as my career as a realtor progresses.

Thanks.

@Annette Hibbler Congratulations on getting your License. It definitely gives you an advantage. 

There is a ton of information and resources available to Realtors. Be sure to check out the Short Sale and Foreclosure and REO certifications as well.I wish you great success.

Wonderful news. The insider knowledge you get from being able to view the MLS, network with other agents, and list your own property is invaluable. I got my license 15 years ago and it has paid for itself exponentially. Great job.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.