Starting May 3rd - I will almost be a full time real estate investor

7 Replies

So right now I work in public accounting and just finished up tax season. This tax season was a bit challenging since this is the first tax season I had a baby at home. Working long hours plus the 35 minute commute made for a long tax season.  So I began looking for a new job not in public accounting and closer to home...I found one and interviewed for it and ended up accepting their offer. I told my current employer on April 1st..(he thought it was a april fool's joke)...once he realized I was serious and needed to put in my 2 weeks he made me a counter offer. The counter was: 

Work December thru April 30th and then from May 1 to November just work 1 day a week (still get paid the same). So basically I will have 4 full work days from May to November to focus on REI. So beginning May 3rd I will begin to taste what it's like to be doing real estate basically full time and will be able to ramp up the amount of deals I am doing. Currently just focusing on flips. Pretty excited to get started.

Smoking offer - that's awesome! 

Wow, that is fantastic. I wish someone would pay me a full-time salary for working only 1 day a week! 

Good luck with your new career.

It's a function of what I bill out so it works for both sides. 

Great idea. Try something low risk to get experience.  Does your area price appreciate (even a little) and cash flow good?

@ken a. I have no clue what you are talking about. 

Wow.  Clearly you're an awesome tax guy.  Good luck!

Great circumstances.ideal to ramp up amount of deals done.all the best

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here