• Investor
  • Meridian, MS
Votes |
Humble brag and I need advice on my first deal

Joseph Molander
  • Investor
  • Meridian, MS
Posted Apr 27 2015, 10:00

Hay everybody, I know this is going to sound like a humble brag but I'm too excited to not share it.

Last week between Tuesday and Friday I sent out 130 letters to out of county SFR owners. I answer (or return) 16 calls and I missed six calls (22 callers total) within two and half days. Let me just say, I wasn't ready, at all, for the call volume.

I got two calls from owners that said their house was either already sold or bank owned.

Three callers said "I will never sell!"  

One realtor almost coursed me out and though I was trying to scam her mother.  

Another realtor wants to meet with me next week to talk about a "bird-dog" kind of agreement. 

Two said "Maybe". 

One said "I want to sell, but not until December"

Six said either "I need to sell that house" or "I want to sell that house"!

But here's the kicker!  Three of the six that want/need to sell own over a dozen properties each! 

I'm meeting with one of portfolio sellers this evening to talk about their properties.   They're giving me a list of addresses to look at and then we are going to talk about the best way to move forward with the deal.  

So my question to all of you experienced investors out there is... Assuming all the properties are in good condition and there isn't a lot of deferred maintenance and the current tenants or good people.  What should my next course of action be?   

Have any of you close similar deals?

I'm a member of another investor forum and posted a similar message and someone in the group offered me a VP to close the deal... Any advice on that kind of arrangement? 

Shoot me a PM if you would like.   I look forward to your thoughts!