First house under contract

17 Replies

Hello BP! Just got my first house under contract! Big thanks to my mentor and a fellow BP member! It's said that we aim for "no"s but I got a yes on my 2nd actual offer! Pretty excited about this. I even have another house that I'm itching to pursue, but I want to get the mechanics of all this down a little more before I do. Don't want to bite off more than I can chew.

Sidenote: BP is awesome

Congrats Tracy! That's awesome!

Congratulations, how exciting!  I hope to be there soon too!

@Tracy Selfridge Congrats on your first deal!  Is it is wholesale deal?  Flip? Buy and hold?

Thanks guys and gals, Michael it is a wholesale deal. I'm splitting it 50/50 with my mentor. Definitely worth it to me. 

Definitely Ramon! I'm all about action. Action is what creates experience and experience is the best learning method IMO

Great Job out there Congrats!!

Way to go TRACY!!!!!!

Sounds like you are well on your way!

Keep rising to the top!

Manny

Congratulations Tracy! I bet it's an amazing feeling. :)

Thanks everyone, the support on this site is amazing

Congratulations!! That's so exciting! I'm looking to do my first deal within the next two months - I will do a fix and flip; so it's so good to see people stepping out!

CONGRATULATIONS Tracy!! Very inspirational.

Congratulations @Tracy Selfridge ! I hope to be as lucky as you on my 2nd try :)

Just wanted to do an update on this post. I couldn't get the house moved. Turns out the market in which I bought the house was very slow and I couldn't perform. So that was my first learning lesson the hard way. (Try to limit those). The seller was okay with it, he had full equity so no big deal to him (i got lucky).

So without skipping a beat, I'm aligning myself with a local investor and he is going to guide me. I'm taking a step back and just going to bird dog if I can. I'm okay with taking less money if I can learn a little more so these mistakes won't happen as often. I sent out a small post card mailing yesterday and will do so again in 2 weeks. 

Additionally, if there are any investors on here looking for a bird dog let me know. I'm not afraid of talking to people over the phone, and I can get all the information on a property that you need!

I'm in no way, shape, or form giving up. Just readjusting and pushing forward! 

Originally posted by @Tracy Selfridge :

Just wanted to do an update on this post. I couldn't get the house moved. Turns out the market in which I bought the house was very slow and I couldn't perform. So that was my first learning lesson the hard way. (Try to limit those). The seller was okay with it, he had full equity so no big deal to him (i got lucky).

So without skipping a beat, I'm aligning myself with a local investor and he is going to guide me. I'm taking a step back and just going to bird dog if I can. I'm okay with taking less money if I can learn a little more so these mistakes won't happen as often. I sent out a small post card mailing yesterday and will do so again in 2 weeks. 

Additionally, if there are any investors on here looking for a bird dog let me know. I'm not afraid of talking to people over the phone, and I can get all the information on a property that you need!

I'm in no way, shape, or form giving up. Just readjusting and pushing forward! 

Please keep us informed on your progress.  I'm still in the planning phase before I make my first move.  And no, I don't intend on being on the sidelines forever analyzing.  I will be making a move.

Thanks.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.