We just got our first lead off our website!!!

13 Replies

Woohoo!!!! Just got my first lead from our website. Sellstlhouses.com

She filled out our online from and we mailed her. Looks like she googled my phone # which sent her to the website! Super cool!

Ryan Dossey, Real Estate Agent in IN (#RB15001099)

@Ryan D., I've been kicking around the idea of a website and know it's ultimately a necessity.  Did you do it or have someone set it up for you?  Any suggestions?  How long has your site been up and running?  Congrats on the lead.  Hope you are able to convert.

@Michael Hicks  

We used leadpropeller.com 

I typed all of my own content and swapped out a majority of the pictures they had as stock. 

To be honest I got pretty frustrated. I was using AdWords and having NO success. I wasn't getting any leads at all. We followed all of the tips, tutorials, and set up all the social pages needed. I was spending money and not getting anything. 

Why I prefer my yellow letters: 

1) Less competition. If someone fills out the form on my website chances are they are filling out my competitors as well. You have to hit these fast and move quick. 

2)SEO can be kind of scammy. Companies spending thousands to try to get you ranked. However you're not ever going to out rank the national sites. Zillow, Trulia, Realtor, etc. You are pretty much guaranteed to be on page 2. 

3)I'm actually getting contacts. Even if it's not a deal it's a lead. 

I actually paused my AdWords while I dive in and learn more. Felt like I was just burning money for no reason. 

Why I have the site: 

Consistency. If someone searches my company there is proof I am an established business. They can see my Facebook, Company site, Google +, Yelp, Bing, Yahoo local, etc. 

It's also really nice having a company email:

[email protected] is better than R*******@gmail.com as far as professionalism is concerned. 

For the 45 a month it costs me I can't complain. 

One thing my website has done is brought me fellow INVESTORS I have had 5-6 investors that have seen my posts on here go check out my website. There is an investor from they can submit that gets forwarded to me.

@Ryan Dossey . You could be well intended but that wont give you leads. The key is to transform intentions into credibility. Credibility will get you leads (solid ones). I think you have done that around here. I have seen your posts here and there - you sound credible. I just checked out your site. Looks professional. Easy to navigate. The capturing is definitely there. I guess the more lines you throw into the water the greater the fishing 🎣. I am wondering now if there is a way to incorporate some sort of service that allows for you to be alerted when you have a visitor and inmediately enable some type of live chat invitation. I know that sites like clicky.com allows you to see the actual location of your visitor "live" (down to the city). Imagine a seller browsing your site, you know their location and you are now inviting them to chat about their home. All in less than 5 seconds... Sounds powerful. 

Brian I appreciate the advice. My direct mail is my Bread and Butter. I am actively expanding the website and looking for new ways to use it. There are tons of sites that use a chat type of window. That really isn't a bad idea to look further into. In order for Adwords to be effective I would need to spend considerably more on it. I may in the future. From 4+ years of experience in a call center dealing with leads from tv, radio, internet, and mail I have come to find mail is typically the best quality. Eventually I hope to be getting a few deals here and there off the website but it's not the main vehicle at this time. 

Website looks great. I'm going to have to learn more about the yellow letters. Most of my purchases are MLS and then a few word of mouth. MLS is getting tough.

Originally posted by @Ryan Dossey :

Woohoo!!!! Just got my first lead from our website. Sellstlhouses.com

She filled out our online from and we mailed her. Looks like she googled my phone # which sent her to the website! Super cool!

Congrats!  Nice website BTW.

(206) 407-5452

SEO is key, and it is very possible to get to page 1 on the rankings. You should not be competing for the terms that's tank zillow, trulia, etc. Motivated sellers are searching terms such as "we buy houses Los Angeles" or "sell my house fast Los Angeles," search either of these terms and you more than likely will find a plethora of investor websites. @Ryan Dossey

If you want to improve your SEO....remember the keyword is content! If you can get people to view your site and keep them coming back your ranking will greatly increase. I just looked and one of my websites is #1 on Google...and I don't pay one dime for SEO. Nada!

John Thedford, Real Estate Agent in FL (#BK3098153)
239-200-5600

Nice work @Ryan Dossey you need to chose the keywords you rank for carefully. You don't need to spend thousands on a campaign either. I use adwords sparingly and generally rely on organic ranking of my keywords.

The various out-of-the-box lead generation sites can't compete with my setup and it doesn't cost me very much per month. Definately worthwhile in the long run when you start generating targeted leads.

Congrats! Keep plugging away, use your social media, and remember it's all marketing, which people often confuse for advertising. This is one of my favorite success stories to hear, having a background in digital marketing. Just remember the digital world is not an end all. Follow up, follow up follow up. And do so on all digital platforms your lead used. Check your metrics, if they replied from a mobile device, then you can assume maintaining a digital relationship will be effective. The is not that you were engaged online, thats no surprise, but how they engaged you which will give insights on how to maintain their attention.

Originally posted by @Brian G. :

@Ryan Dossey . You could be well intended but that wont give you leads. The key is to transform intentions into credibility. Credibility will get you leads (solid ones). I think you have done that around here. I have seen your posts here and there - you sound credible. I just checked out your site. Looks professional. Easy to navigate. The capturing is definitely there. I guess the more lines you throw into the water the greater the fishing 🎣. I am wondering now if there is a way to incorporate some sort of service that allows for you to be alerted when you have a visitor and inmediately enable some type of live chat invitation. I know that sites like clicky.com allows you to see the actual location of your visitor "live" (down to the city). Imagine a seller browsing your site, you know their location and you are now inviting them to chat about their home. All in less than 5 seconds... Sounds powerful. 

@Brian G. Target native ads. There are tons of software that allow you, without you even being there, to 1. Offer an incentive to the person browsing in real time 2. Follow them with a reminder once they leave your page, basically places an ad on the next pages they look at when they leave your site, 3. Most sites that sale any web building solutions have analylitics built in (such as real time vistor notifications and habits), but you may need to teach yourself or hire someone to take advantage of them.

A website is not the end all, and personally, being a bit of a techie, I'd say as Baby Boomers exit the entrepreneurial world in favor of retirement and and the tech generation grows up, moblie apps services, and on demand services will become more critical, and Social Media will be used even more as a trust gaging platform...

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.