• Investor
  • Laurel, MD
Votes |
How Medicare Helped Me On A Deal

Tariq B.
  • Investor
  • Laurel, MD
Posted May 27 2015, 19:48

Just received word that the offer has been signed and I am under contract. This marks the 4th property in just over 2 years.

So I have been going back and forth on getting my license simply because using an agent seemed redundant especially since I was the one finding properties, she would never send me potential places. BUT she came through this time. She told me that she had someone come to her wanting to list a house. To make a long story short. The person needed to go into a nursing home and medicare was forcing them to sale their house. Medicare wanted them to sale it for 55k but my agent told them along with another agent that it wouldn't sale for that much and then got the permission to list it for 20k. She told me that she wouldn't list it till I came by and checked it out. So the same day she got the keys I stopped by. The house was in very good shape. All cosmetic by the looks of it. The plumping had been updated, as well as the electrical but the icing on the cake was a brand new central AC unit which had been put in a few years prior, which is really really hard to come by in my area of investment.

The daughter who had power of atoney was there along with her husband, when I stopped by. 

I made certain to follow the usual psychological factors that help in business. Firm handshake for men, soft for woman. Give a nice warm smile AND ALWAYS remember their name it makes for a good impression on the way out. THEY WILL remember you if you leave the place with again a handshake, a smile and statement ex; "it was so nice of you to let me see this house I see lots of potential here. Thank you again Robin." (you can notice the reaction in a persons face when you use their name, it's quite interesting to pay attention to.)

Needless to say I left the property me and the agent along with her husband (also an agent) stood on the corner of the street, while I contemplated in my head what I wanted to do. They told me to blurt out a number. I didn't want to because I thought the number I had in mind was to low for what I was going to get. Regardless I said it....I want to do $17,500. They sort of chuckled and laughed. I stood my ground (because now I thought to myself that may be too little and an insult,by their reaction) I said yes, $17,500 no contingencies all cash.

They said they will see what they will say.

15 minutes later, I received a text.

They accepted your offer of $17,500....Such a great feeling!

Loading replies...