Ready Like Freddy

2 Replies

I'm fairly new to the Biggerpockets community but I'd like to be more involved and further enhance my knowledge of the real estate market. I am ready as I'll ever be to purchase my first investment property. I am in search of a successful real estate investor in Lakeland,Fl or as close by as possible that would serve as a mentor to me for my first 1 or 2 deals to guide me in the right direction. After that I will have learned what to do and just rinse and repeat. Anyone willing to be a mentor to a determined future passive income investor, please message thru BP or email me at [email protected] Thank you in advance. Edwin Cruz

@Edwin Cruz

May I suggest finishing your profile. 

Secondly, why should someone mentor you? What do you have to offer? Instead of asking for someone why don't you explain what you've got to market. After all, real estate is a marketing business and you'll need to work on that. 

My suggestion is to attend REIAs, find an investor, treat them to coffee/lunch, offer to help them out with office work, rehabbing, finding deals, etc. If you get paid that GREAT! But keep in mind you're in the learning phase. You may not make money off the bat in your learning phase and it takes awhile. 

Network and participate in the discussion,then you'll meet the people to work with

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.